the Rift

[OPEN] come fly with me

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

we heal with love

As Lyanna demonstrated the proper way to land - one that looked much easier on the legs and joints - Alysanne watched intently, attempting to memorize the way the legs and wings should be moving. It certainly looked fairly easy when someone else was doing it, but it felt so awkward when she tried! But her friend was taking the time to show her what to do and talk it out with her and Aly had no intention of wasting such a gift.

When they’re standing on the earth near each other, Aly’s expression is effortlessly bright - an achievement of itself - and she’s feeling lighter for the company. In a few moments, she has gone from dreading anyone finding out about her little hobby and delighting in the fact that it was Lyanna who came across her. Hemlock was unwilling to land just yet but flew in lazy circles around the two mares, waiting for one (or both!) of them to take to the air again.

Despite her newfound exuberance, the painted pegasus couldn’t help but delay taking flight just a moment or two longer while she spoke some more. “You look so beautiful when you fly! Normally I feel as though I’m about as suited to flying as a rock.” But even a rock could tumble gracefully down a hill or slope every once in awhile! “I always skipped out on lessons when I was young, preferring to learn about the plants and trees from my father while Iona took to the skies with our mother.” Nothing more than excuses she thought to herself but it was true all the same and the preference had stuck with the twins as they had aged, past when they had left their parents to start their own lives. There was no stirring in Alysanne’s heart to leap off the cliffs and feel the drafts beneath her wings or to chase the clouds. Her heart was earth-bound, and even as she sought to learn she doubted she would use her wings much more often.

Though they would be rather handy in helping her to escape unwelcome faces. She could just take off and fly away whenever she wished.

Providing she got this whole take off thing settled down.

Wanting to at least get the hang of taking off, if not also landing, Alysanne rustled her wings a little bit and prepared for another shot. “Okay, let’s do this again. Call out any pointers you have!” She welcomed the critique from the more experienced mare and smiled brightly at her before trotting away just a little bit so she would have room to spread her wings. From a trot she picked up a canter and then leapt into the air - but landed again before her wings could beat strongly enough to get any lift. Snorting and shaking off the hiccup, she tried again and succeeded in actually taking off this time, beating at the air until she was above the tops of the oaks that dappled the meadow.

Up was always so much easier than down.

alysanne & hemlock

image credits

@Lyanna
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-01-2016, 12:34 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-02-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-08-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-13-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-17-2016, 02:53 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-27-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-28-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 07-20-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 07-25-2016, 01:53 PM