the Rift

[OPEN] somebody like me

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
As the dark shadow of a flying thing appears before me, I half expect it to be Erthe; I turn my head up and back ever so slightly to catch the sight of her even before I bother to slow down, mostly because if it is the little white nuisance, I’m going to be increasing my speed. But, it’s not a snowflake tinted maiden riding the wind above me, and so I call ahead to Duir with a nicker, assuming he hasn’t noticed her.

He’s already stopped, looking up at her with all the suspicion a prey animal can muster; I trample out the last of the small ember of fear that sparks to life in my chest when my brain taunts that Gaucho is coming for me again. While I haven’t told Duir a whole lot about my past, my feelings towards these flying horses (especially now that one almost killed me) are obvious enough, and he’s picking up on them with more and more skill the longer we spend together. He doesn’t actually dislike anything about the girl, such as her wings, but he does distrust her, not the sort of being to understand racial boundaries (as was obvious when he befriended Remy, or the mute hybrid colt). He’s worried that she’ll try to fight me, and that I’ll fight back.

He still hasn’t forgotten the old man, either, and how his hooves had hit me and hurt Duir, too.

Pulling to a graceful stop, my tangled hair slaps down against my neck as I crane my head upwards to get a better look at the stranger. Something familiar is cast about her, something I can’t quite put my horn on, but I guess that should be normal. I have met an exorbitant amount of people in Helovia, and she could just be some familiar face from the Threshold, or something equally mundane and unimportant. Somehow, though, I feel like maybe I should remember her as more than just another face in some mundane meeting.

"It’s rude to fly over people and stare at them," I mutter to myself (though maybe she reads my lips), feeling my brows knit down as I look up at her, adding a certain surly disapproval to the air of my being. It makes the image of a surly unicorn and suspicious (and wondering if he’s still going to get those reeds now) deer, which is probably not the most approachable of combinations. What I say next is projected out into the air, words she hopefully hears through the rush of wind – so I don’t mistake her silence to be acquiescence. "Are you gonna come down here or are you waiting for me to make you?"

Unlike a lot of my threats, this one isn’t empty. All I have to do is call on the Spark that rests in me, and she’ll drop from above like a bullet (though it wouldn’t be intentional). While I have minor experience in flight, having dreamt of it once with Aelin, I don’t have much skill in landing, so obviously I can’t puppet her into a graceful one, either.

[ OOC: He can be such a total brat sometimes. -_- ]
there's no place to hide down here
Image Credit

@Mordecai

Messages In This Thread
somebody like me - by Rikyn - 06-01-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: somebody like me - by Mordecai - 06-28-2016, 04:11 PM
RE: somebody like me - by Rikyn - 07-05-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: somebody like me - by Mordecai - 07-17-2016, 07:57 PM
RE: somebody like me - by Rikyn - 07-22-2016, 11:32 AM
RE: somebody like me - by Mordecai - 07-23-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: somebody like me - by Rikyn - 08-09-2016, 12:06 PM