the Rift

take a whole lot more than words and guns

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

It is silent, but not for long. My ears wait to catch his words, and my eyes watch to see how his face changes expression. To see the lifts and curls, disappointment, disgust... Judgement?

But there is none of that. In fact he starts with something that actually... actually makes sense. Everyone is shit at parenting. The statement is so simple, and for a moment it really made me feel a little better. But there is more to the story. He talks about the abandonment of a child. The Sun's child. I watch as he falls into silence, as the delicate lines of his face knit into anger, and frustration. Why? Who was this child of the sun? And what did she mean to him?

And for a moment I worry that is all he was going to say, and the thought crossed my mind that he had gotten way worse at this since he had been alone. Ah, but then he smiles. It's stiff, and looks forced, but he speaks again. As he speaks his smile turns genuine again, and I look down. I was processing what he had said, and he was right. I lift my head, staring at him, moments passing. How was it, this stallion, who I doubted had much experience with this, had manged to make me feel better. Him, who had teased me as a child, and laughed at my pregnant body. I turned my head to look at the thin body that I had now, and it churned my stomach. I was so sick, and how had I not seen how bad it was until now?

I return my gaze to Rikyn, and I step forward to touch his shoulder. "Thank you, Rikyn...." It's a soft whisper that comes from my mouth, but it is filled with a lot. It thanked him, and it was raw. It held a lot of emotion that I had been holding for such a long time. No, it wasn't going to end. It would always hurt, and I would never fully heal from that wound. There would be hard days, and hard nights still, but between the words of my father and Rikyn's surprisingly helpful insight, I knew I could make it through it. Some how I would push on. I had to find it in myself to do so. I pull away then, and I try to smile. "You know... I've seen your father... If you want, I can lead you to the Edge. I'm sure he would love to see you. You have no obligation to stay, but you would be more than welcome Rikyn... " My lips twitch upwards, a small glimmer of who I was under this cloud shining through.

"talk talk talk talk "

@Rikyn
Sorry this took so long dear <3

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

Messages In This Thread
RE: take a whole lot more than words and guns - by Glacia - 06-17-2016, 01:24 PM