the Rift

[PRIVATE] to catch a spider

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
ARE WE WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SAVE US FROM BURNING TO DUST?
SHOULD YOU BUILD ALL YOU HAVE OUT OF NOTHING BUT ANGER AND LUST?

She asks how the dragons are tied to him, and both red and gold give another appreciative snort at the interest she's showing in them. Some of his conquests hardly seem to notice they're there, yet she gives them the attention they know they deserve. "They are joined to my mind; I feel what they feel and vice versa, and we can communicate telepathically." It is a somewhat simplistic explanation of what he shares with his dragons, but he is no wordsmith and cannot think how to vocalise the fact that they are part of his soul, part of his very makeup; the fact that he would rather lose a limb than lose them. No, this cannot be put into words, especially by one such as he, who speaks with his body more than his tongue.

She asks how he would carve out a heart without a horn, and his expression darkens a fraction, like a cloud across the sun. "Believe me, I'd find a way." He is, at the end of the day, a rather simple stallion; he protects his women, and he chases away any who would try to seize them. But sometimes chasing away is not enough. He is a possessive beast, and he likes to make a statement. He has little doubt that he could murder in many inventive ways if one of his harem was the prize at stake.

The black mountain raises an eyebrow at her next words, and a deep, earth-shaking rumble leaves his jaws as she nips his vulgarity in the bud. Before he can think of a suitable rebuke, she asks him if he has any children running around. He sees no use in lying - and, indeed, he is quite incapable of doing so - and there is no shame in his posture as he looks her in the eye and nods. He will be open with her; if it repulses her that he has other offspring, then perhaps they will not be so well-suited. His polygamy is part of him, and no mare will ever change that, no matter how alluring they may be. "I have a few, yes. Monogamy is not in my nature, Airlia. It is a stallion's perogative to bed who he pleases, as long as he claims responsibility for the children he sires." Which Volterra does - sort of.

The mare does not seem enamoured with his forest, and he frowns slightly. What isn't there to like? She speaks of her own home, and he dips his massive head. "We have lush grass and flowers here, too...and we certainly have our share than less than friendly people. Why, who did you piss off?" He says it jokingly, but he's also quite curious why she would mention such a thing.

image credits

No worries ^^ @Airlia

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
to catch a spider - by Volterra - 06-02-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: to catch a spider - by Airlia - 06-16-2016, 01:31 AM
RE: to catch a spider - by Volterra - 06-17-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: to catch a spider - by Airlia - 06-30-2016, 04:17 AM
RE: to catch a spider - by Volterra - 07-02-2016, 08:26 AM
RE: to catch a spider - by Brit - 09-06-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: to catch a spider - by Airlia - 09-06-2016, 08:26 PM
RE: to catch a spider - by Volterra - 09-10-2016, 09:34 AM
RE: to catch a spider - by Airlia - 09-21-2016, 01:53 AM