the Rift

[PRIVATE] to catch a spider

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
ARE WE WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SAVE US FROM BURNING TO DUST?
SHOULD YOU BUILD ALL YOU HAVE OUT OF NOTHING BUT ANGER AND LUST?

She asks to see his dragons' powers, and the leviathan is only too happy to show her what his companions can do. Go on, he says; they need no encouragement. The red is first to demonstrate, and he aims a torrent of frosty breath directly for a nearby twig of a tree. It turns instantly into a crystalised version of itself, glimmering dangerously in the half-light of the forest. Looking proud of himself, Vérzés sniffs the icy branch he's created, looking down at Volterra and Airlia and hoping for praise.

Vadir flutters onto the same branch as Vérzés, lazily shuffling him out of the way. She aims her tapered muzzle towards the iced twig, and releases a blast of flaming breath towards it. It melts, and the tree it's attached to begins to burn as well; Volterra watches the inferno with an impassive eye. With a grunt, the red sends whirlwinds of ice towards the burning tree, and after numerous blasts of his frost power he manages to put the blaze out before it spreads.

"There you are," says the giant with a small chuckle at his dragons' antics. If that doesn't impress her, he doesn't know what will.

The subject changes from children, which is a relief - Volterra hopes he has got his point across, and asserted his authority. He could not have a woman in his harem who tolerates the murder of foals. She moves closer, and he falls easily into her trap - she's such a pretty thing, and he's weak when it comes to women. She asks about his family, and he happily obliges. "My mother is well-known across Helovia for her exploits and her numerous attempts at seizing power. My father was a warlord, king of his own herd outside Helovia - he left once myself and my twin sister were born, so my mother raised us alone." At first, this had annoyed the goliath, as it meant he had grown up with no male influence. However, his anger had faded as he'd accidentally done the same thing to many of his own children, much to his guilt.

"I have a half-brother from my father in Helovia, and no doubt hundreds more dotted across the world. I am closest to my twin sister Nymeria, however." Unhealthily close. "And what of you? Have you any siblings?" He hopes this isn't considered prying; it is genuine curiosity.

image credits

@Airlia if you want we could try and spree this thread to a close, then have another one which will hopefully take her up to her 20 posts? :D

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
to catch a spider - by Volterra - 06-02-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: to catch a spider - by Airlia - 06-16-2016, 01:31 AM
RE: to catch a spider - by Volterra - 06-17-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: to catch a spider - by Airlia - 06-30-2016, 04:17 AM
RE: to catch a spider - by Volterra - 07-02-2016, 08:26 AM
RE: to catch a spider - by Brit - 09-06-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: to catch a spider - by Airlia - 09-06-2016, 08:26 PM
RE: to catch a spider - by Volterra - 09-10-2016, 09:34 AM
RE: to catch a spider - by Airlia - 09-21-2016, 01:53 AM