the Rift

Phoenix [Poppy]

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

[This timeline is kinda weird =/ I'm setting this before Frostfall, if that works for you?]

Rain tore the sky into zeals of lightning and peals of thunder while the ground below slowly drowned and swelled with the mud of an earthen corpse. Hooves and paws splashed through a dirty puddle, streaks of the wet slop slung across chest and leg. It didn't matter, it joined the rest of the brown matching that was partially between drying and melting again.

Their bodies staggered as they slowed, their balance seemingly conjoined with the momentum. A great weariness swept over both of them, though it was the stallion that bore the brunt of his, his coat being shorter and thusly more affected. A plaintive whinny trembled from his throat as he hoarsely called out for her, the name lost to his mind, too fogged with the dull pulse of pain to dredge it up if he'd known it.

"Healer, healer!"

Ricochet wandered, broken, as he searched for her. Ahead of him Guns traveled, raising a bark on occasion, though Ricochet frequently shushed him. He did not want to alert the whole herd - as it was they were raising enough ruckus but he hoped the bad weather has most everyone sealed away in some shelter.

The backsides and faces of horse and dog alike were badly burned and blistered, the flesh having been gnawed away by the damnable acid rain. Ricochet's previous and brief euphoria from it had since been swallowed by the raw agony of every stride he took to arrive home. Under his breath he cursed that mare, but his heart sped at the thought of her. He would see her again, he had to.

R I C O C H E T
I only want you to see | My favorite part of me
And not my ugly side, not my ugly side