the Rift

[PRIVATE] silence like a cancer grows [goodbye]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Lakota & Ktulu
The Poisoner & The Constrictor
Nothing good ever came from a choked confession of love. A sense of impending doom shrouded itself over Ktulu as she listened to Lakota tell her and their son that she loved them. "No..." She caught herself whispering as if denying it would change what she could feel in the very marrow of her bones was coming. Her head shakes when Lakota admits to being sick, another denial that is meaningless against whatever sickness has invaded her love's body. She felt as though Lakota had driven a dagger right into her heart and twisted it mercilessly. "I.. I wouldn't have gone if I had known." She breathed, but it changed nothing. Lakota had suffered while she had been away, lingered and waited for her to get back and even when she'd returned her duties had consumed her. "I'm sorry."

The Constrictor fell silent as her love continued to speak and, in her desperation, her mind latched onto one name. Resplendence. Resplendence disappeared. Resplendence, the mare who was supposed to make sure the herd was healthy. Resplendence, Resplendence, Resplendence. This was her fault. This was all her fault for not being here. For not caring.

And now there was nothing they could do.

Ktulu stared with disbelief. "What?" There was nothing that they could do? "Damnit Kota." She said, her voice strained under the weight of a thousand different emotions. "Damnit! You can't go out like this!" She refused to accept that Lakota would just lay down and die. No, the Lakota that she knew and loved would fight tooth and nail to stay with her family. The Lakota she knew wouldn't allow some sickness to dictate when her life would come to an end. "You have to fight it! You can't leave us. You can't leave me. I need you.

"Mammina is dying, baby."

"No!" Ktulu said and she shoved her muzzle against Lakota's neck in an attempt to make her rise and stand. "Fight it, damnit!" But even as she demanded Lakota to fight she knew that the other mare had nothing left. She'd hung on and fought for so long and ... it was just to say goodbye. The realization hit Ktulu like a kick in the gut. "Don't you tell us goodbye, damn you!" Her voice cracked. "Tell me what to do. I'll fight for you. Just ... just tell me what to do."

"."

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
silence like a cancer grows [goodbye] - by Lakota - 06-05-2016, 05:22 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows [goodbye] - by Ktulu - 09-04-2016, 06:42 PM