the Rift

[PRIVATE] silence like a cancer grows [goodbye]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
The Poisoner

Sad violets turn to Ktulu, struggling and coming to terms with what Lakota was revealing to her. She was so strong, so beautiful, and it meant something to know that Lakota's death was effecting her this way. A bittersweet reminder of Ktulu's love for her. Even if it hurt her even more to see the clench of pain across Ktulu's face, the denial of what Lakota was saying. But Lakota did not blame her for her loyalty to Archibald and the Falls, for taking up her rank that she had always excelled in. "I did not know until you'd already gone," she consoled softly, never wanting Ktulu to feel guilty for this course of nature. It was nobody's fault, and Lakota had had ample time to come to that realization and comfort herself with it. "Don't apologize, il mio amore. I would never have let you stay for me, not when I thought it was only a cold." For that's all she had thought it was, back then. Neither of them would have thought twice about it, especially not when Lakota had been a healer herself. 

The woman had anticipated Ktulu's outburst and brought her eyes to her beloved's with a calm, steady stare. "I'm fighting every day, Ktulu. This isn't...this isn't an enemy I can strike down, it's my own body turning against me. But Murtagh came first, you know that." Her voice cracked on the last sentence, pleading for Ktulu to understand that Lakota wasn't just laying down and accepting it. Every day of life had been a challenge, every breath an effort. Her beloved's brisk, hard rub against her neck finally roused the exhausted dame. And with Aodaun's gratuitous help she managed to climb slowly and painfully to her hooves, lungs caustic and wheezing. It had started there, after all, and it made moving so much more difficult when she relied upon them so much. 

She turned and drew Ktulu close, limply grasping her mate's mane and tugging her in. "I've gone to every healer I know. But I'm not ready to go, Ktu. I don't know what else to do, my love," she admitted. And like a spark going off, Aodaun jerked against where he was waiting beside her, a sudden idea flaming to life in his head. What about the Gods? We could not leave cub before, but now with Ktulu... Lakota didn't want the daring hope that he presented her with, but if it would soothe Ktulu, if it would give Lakota another chance at life...

"If you can help me to the Veins...maybe there is something the Gods can do. I love you Ktulu, I will fight as long as this body can sustain me to stay with you," she vowed, eyes like violet fire as she stared into Ktulu's rubies. How long her body could last was debatable, but Lakota would fight and claw for every beat of her withered heart if it meant consoling Ktulu. 

Chunga-Stock
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
silence like a cancer grows [goodbye] - by Lakota - 06-05-2016, 05:22 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows [goodbye] - by Lakota - 09-16-2016, 11:18 PM