the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Flameless [Sun]

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

The God snorted in response to this. The girl had gumption, if nothing else, and that was a trait he found decidedly lacking around Helovia lately. His stocky skull nodded emphatically as she spoke, agreeing with the words her youthful voice sculpted.

He grunted at her playful challenge, ears forward and eyes bright with amusement. Apparently they grew them with a thicker skin and a good sense of humour over in the Dragon's Throat. Maybe the next Haruspex he got, he'd have to send over there for training. Or maybe the cold just killed all their spirits, as he likely thought to be the case. He knew life wasn't a vacation over on his golden brother's sandy shores, and apparently its inhabitants knew it too, even from a young age. Yet life hadn't crushed this one's sense of spirit left.

Yet here she was, trying to crush her own soul.

"When you life this long kid, nothing matters. It all boils down to the same old shit. But that isn't a lesson you can be taught - don't let your parents ever tell you otherwise. Some things you just have to learn for yourself. Will this be worth it for you?" He grunted and shifted his weight again. "Mayhap. It'll be a pain in your ass to do it, but -" He squinted at her, as if looking through her for a moment speculatively. "- you'll do it. Then you can decide for yourself whether it was worth it."

Still considering her, the God finally nodded.

"Find 5 who have lost something. And I don't mean misplaced a trinket. Genuinely lost something - a loved one, their sanity, I don't care - and help them with it. And again, I don't mean just a pat on the back. Your soul is going to fissure and you'll have to be well acquainted with the pain and disconnect it will cause. Before I'd do that to you, I'd at least know that you've figured out how to survive it. So find five and let selfish motives guide you. Help them, so that you can help yourself later."

Aelin must find and help 5 individuals who have lost something. "Lost' can be interpreted broadly, but you should think of it as finding 5 who are seriously hurt, angry, traumatized, etc. Then she needs to figure out a way to help them heal themselves/get over it/ etc.

Messages In This Thread
The Flameless [Sun] - by Aelin - 06-08-2016, 08:29 PM
RE: The Flameless [Sun] - by God of the Spark - 06-14-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: The Flameless [Sun] - by Aelin - 06-20-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: The Flameless [Sun] - by God of the Spark - 06-28-2016, 10:26 AM
RE: The Flameless [Sun] - by Aelin - 07-16-2016, 05:29 AM