the Rift

What day is it?

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

The exchange was pleasant, informative, and in some quiet way relaxing. Ashamin found himself relaxing into the moment and enjoying the company of the older stallion. There was something in that exhaustion that bled the sort of knowledge that the Clovenheart craved. He had a sense that this stallion—Hasovir, as he now knew him to be called—had lived a life of intrigue.

And since the former haruspex now knew the other buck's name he found himself speaking it readily. "A pleasure to meet you as well, Hasovir," rolled off his tongue with careful ease. It was a unique and foreign sounding name, but then again... so was Ashamin. There was a comfort in meeting another who didn't seem to be so obviously from around here, and the wilderness that Hasovir's striped body spoke of was beautiful as it rolled off of him in waves. When the older stallion flashed his facial scar, Ashamin closed his eyes and dipped his head in grave respect. Subtly he flashed his hindquarters, letting the dim light illuminate the gold scars that painted him there. He pawed at the ground, extending his bloodied leg and revealing the hooked scar behind his cheek when he opened his eyes and raised his gaze again.

The stag's solitude spoke of a life that Ashamin knew well. The painted buck had been alone for some time before arriving in Helovia; he had not always been so blessed as he was now, to have permanent company. He nodded slowly and his shoulders rolled to open his posture in a welcoming way. The other stallion's brief loss of consciousness was a cause of concern but Ashamin did not reach forth to help him, for fear of wounding the older gent's pride. Ashamin was young, but even he knew the stubborn force that often drove males to stand on their own. Wasn't that part of why he was out here?

"I came to Helovia some time ago, after the death of my father, and found a home in one of its herds. I served for some time as a seer for one of the Gods here, the God of the Spark. But I've taught myself to fight, and in learning that skill I've learned that I thrive on a certain independence," Ashamin said, surprised when it all came out so simply. He caught his companion's eye once again and was warmed by some feeling that traveled across their bond. Rakt was proud of him, wasn't he?

"It's always good to find myself in the company of another warrior," Ashamin explained then, though perhaps no words were really needed. "Someone who understands. I've been seeking others like you in this wilderness in the hopes that I might be able to establish a network of like-minded souls—those who understand that loyalty is a different and more powerful force than dependence, who seek knowledge in each other and know of war's hardships." When the older stallion moved to rest in the river, Ashamin did the same. A short flick of his tail signaled Rakt to follow suit, though the red cerndyr let out a soft snort and flashed a red rorshach test of complaint in his bonded's mind before dropping to his knees in the stream. Ashamin respected this old fighter, though, and wasn't going to dare and hold himself above him.

The clovenheart watched with care as Hasovir's intricately decorated head lowered to rest in the stream—headaches, the stallion said. Ashamin only nodded in soft sympathy and moved his face closer to Hasovir's, offering his cheek to touch in kind comfort. One thing after another, the older one said.

Ashamin paused, took a deep breath, and listened to the sounds of the forest around them. Hasovir's growling stomach had not gone unnoticed, and his frame and struggle to keep balance showed clear weakness. But this stallion could be strong, Ashamin had a gut feeling. He already had been in the past, hadn't he? And Ashamin had arrived in helovia similarly starved and anxious—similarly out of place.

"It doesn't have to be," Ashamin said then, brave and sudden. No, he was not who he had been when he'd first come to Helovia. "If you'd like, you can travel with me—train with me. I know this land well and could show you the bounty it carries." He looked at the other stallion's scar once more, traced its old lines of hurt.

"I believe we could learn a lot from each other, Hasovir." Ashamin concluded, his long tail sliding into the water as he did so. His dark eyes held kindness and curiosity as he sought out the older stag's gaze. Would Hasovir accept the offer or turn him away?

""

""

/ image

No need to tag me! I do like a message on skype, feel free to add me at j.s.n.y. (especially if you want to talk more about Ashamin's offer! I'm starting an outcast band and would love to tell you more about it.)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
What day is it? - by Hasovir - 06-08-2016, 12:42 PM
RE: What day is it? - by Ashamin - 06-08-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: What day is it? - by Hasovir - 06-09-2016, 12:34 PM
RE: What day is it? - by Ashamin - 06-09-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: What day is it? - by Hasovir - 06-10-2016, 02:32 PM
RE: What day is it? - by Ashamin - 06-13-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: What day is it? - by Hasovir - 06-20-2016, 11:58 AM
RE: What day is it? - by Ashamin - 06-22-2016, 02:46 PM