the Rift

missing yesterday

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
I said to the sun—what's the Big Bang like?
the sun said—it hurts to become
Birdsong. I was older, I aged in the time of spring and sunshine, along with my sister. But she wasn't by my side to celebrate our aging. She wasn't by my side, again. That was no fault of hers, though. I was to blame for the miles that separated us over and over again. I couldn't help but wonder how she was doing, and whether or not I should visit her sometime soon.

Would she hate me for being an absent family member? I had my own loyalties now, to the herd (which I had left my sister for), to my rank. As a Captain, the time I had for relaxation was dwindling. I had been slacking on my duties lately, so a birthday reunion didn't seem fitting just yet. I needed to go on a patrol, I needed to spar.

But I couldn't find any of the damned Protectors of the Edge.

It was frustrating, causing me to fly from the Edge with a fire stirring in my veins. I was determined, then, to find someone to spar. I began with the Threshold, knowing my chances of running into another horse were high. Lo and behold, my search for an equine was easily fulfilled.

The shape below was dark, but wove between the trees with unmistakably equine motions. I landed a good many strides away from the horse, certain that if it wasn't a member of one of the herds, then members would flock to it. Perhaps even a Protector of the Edge might show up and I could help the lost soul, then kick the Protector's ass. At the time, this seemed like a solid plan.

So I strode up to the dark stranger, my sides heaving a little bit, my smoky breath heavy from my flight. The stranger was taller than myself, though I was stockier, and I dubbed the mare to not be a threat. I suspected that the mare wasn't of Helovia, for she didn't smell of any particular herd or land in this realm, so I decided to greet her with a vaguer tone than I would a herdmember. "Hello there! I'm Auriel, Captain of the World's Edge. Can I offer you any assistance?" I stated cheerfully with a bright smile, my amber gaze searching around the trees to see if there were any horses lurking in the shadows that I had missed.

Welcome to Helovia! :D @Ravel
image | coding
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-09-2016, 07:03 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-09-2016, 11:46 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-09-2016, 05:11 PM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-09-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-10-2016, 02:14 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-10-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-10-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-11-2016, 09:08 PM