the Rift

missing yesterday

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
I said to the sun—what's the Big Bang like?
the sun said—it hurts to become
Thoughts of my sister and of sparring faded rapidly from my mind, for the longer I looked upon the inky face and eerie silver gaze of the stranger, the more I was enamored by her. She was simple, but lacked no mystery. Her gaze couldn't seem to settle quite right on my body, her own thin, ebony frame moved in a way both awkward and elegant. There was something about the raven-like woman that I simply couldn't name, let alone fathom at that time.

Her voice was hollow, and delicate, a suitable mate to her inky, diaphanous bodice. Ravel, she smiled softly, oddly, somehow. My breathing slowed at last, my brow furrowed and head tilted to one side as I listened to the apparition of a woman speak. She didn't even seem to bat an eyelash at the smoke coming out my nostrils, or my wings, or my horns. My appearance, so outlandish compared to hers, didn't seem to phase her one bit.

Oh.

Blind. Gotcha.

Would the Edge be all right with their Captain bringing in a mare who lacked sight? She would be no Protector, but perhaps a healer or wise one, maybe even a crafter. Oh, but who I am to tell people who they can or cannot be! I didn't know this mare, I had no room to judge her. Besides, maybe she wasn't blind after all. Maybe she was just...feeling ill?

“Am I mistaken when I assume this is Helovia’s Threshold?”

Ohhhh.

Maybe she didn't act strange about me because she was used to the weird shit happening around Helovia. I mean, there's a lot of normal shit happening around Helovia, but it's not like weird shit is uncommon. But I was making assumptions again. I didn't know her.

"No mistakes burden you there. Welcome to Helovia, my friend," I stated slowly, delicately, my tone noticeably different than before. The woman intrigued me, afflicting my words with a cautious, perplexed vibrato. The haze of smoke that swathed my vision dissipated as I mulled over what to say next.

Do I offer more help? I already offered her help. Fuck. This Threshold stuff was hard.

image | coding
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-09-2016, 07:03 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-09-2016, 11:46 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-09-2016, 05:11 PM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-09-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-10-2016, 02:14 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-10-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-10-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-11-2016, 09:08 PM