the Rift

missing yesterday

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
I said to the sun—what's the Big Bang like?
the sun said—it hurts to become
Silence settled between us, between the raven and the hawk.

I studied her milky orbs as she quietly stood before me. She looked ghostly, as if at any moment she would cast a sorrowful smile at me and turn into a cloud of smoke, and whisk her spirit away to find better creatures to have a soiree with.

The silence didn't last. She thanked me, and I offered her a nod, which I soon realized was a pointless gesture if she lacked sight. Force of habit, I guess. I forcefully blew a lightly frustrated breath from my nose, the tendrils of smoke darker than usual when they veiled my sight. "My pleasure," I stated with a small smile, wondering again if my gestures had any use.

Fortunately, I didn't have to wonder about this for long. Ravel spoke, her delicate words softly filled my pricked ears. I had to stay quiet for a moment. I mulled over her question, tossed the words around in my head. It took me a second or two to piece together what I considered to be an adequate response. "I'm not sure. I think they call it the World's Edge because of the cliffs at the herdland's borders. It's a long way down if you fall. And beyond the cliffs there's just ocean," I stated, pausing for a moment to let my pale amber gaze slip to my hooves in thought. "Maybe it's not the end of the world, but it's the end of our world," I spoke softly, my tone changing again (three times in a handful of minutes—this has gotta be a record).

I shook my head slowly, a bemused smile coming to my lips. I exhaled a smoky breath and shut my eyes, mentally dismissing my own words, my own thoughts. "I can take you there, if you'd like. It's a bit windy, but I'm sure you'll find it more comfortable than the Threshold," I offered, trying to sound brighter, and letting a gentle smile find my pink lips.

image | coding
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-09-2016, 07:03 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-09-2016, 11:46 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-09-2016, 05:11 PM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-09-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-10-2016, 02:14 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-10-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-10-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-11-2016, 09:08 PM