the Rift

Beyond the black stump

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
     Lived unbruised,
we are friends; and I’m sorry, I’m sorry.
Sigh no more.

There were surely many who heard a call as loud and strange as that coee. Ashamin was counted among them. Prior to the exclamation he and his two companions had drifted quite lazily through the Birdsong day, weaving in and out of trees and dragging sleepiness behind them. Of the three Ashamin was the best at operating during the day time—Lochan the worst. Still, all three would have preferred to be roaming at night.

They took comfort in the wind and shadow of the threshold. If there was nothing else to remind them of the time when stars reigned, there were quick brushes of cool that passed through the wood. And it was nice, too, to be moving about in the hours that others were awake. Nice to feel a part of the same world, for once.

But when that sound, some sort of half-screech, cut through the wood Ashamin wondered again about which world he was a part of. Perhaps he had spent too much time in the Blood Falls but the sound cast a shimmer of fear in his complexion and his eyes showed their whites for a brief moment. Dark mist stirred at Lochan's antlers and Rakt shook stardust from his coat. Though none of them noticed, it took small vague forms before settling into the air. It seemed that the youngest of the trio was slowly learning the magic within him.

Never one to back down from a fight or strange discovery, however, Ashamin moved closer to the sound. His two companions kept him close company, for they both stuck their loyalty close to the Clovenheart at all times. A shadow from above brought another to the scene and they watched, heads all turning together, as a pegasus mare landed just outside the forest. Her colors were not unlike the former haruspex's, and though he doubted she'd emitted the sound he followed her regardless.

What he found at the end of her trail was the same thing he sought: a strange being, the only sort that could let loose such an animal call. Though Ashamin was confident as he parted the trees his companions lingered at the perimeter, preferring to err on the side of caution. The painted buck came within earshot just at the right time to hear their conversation play out, and was within sight by the time the creature offered his own name: Banj.

"Greetings," Ashamin said with a wave of his long tail and a craning of his neck. He was thankful then for his dark eyes which masked his gaze that roamed over the oddly dressed and hybridized stranger. "A pleasant surprise to find company on a day like this," was all he said at first, struggling with the concept of his own introduction. Behind him, Lochan (followed by Rakt) peered through the trees.

"Banj and Lyanna, is it? Forgive me if I misheard. I am Ashamin..." his voice trailed and his gaze flitted back to where his companions slowly appeared from the surroundings. Should he give his full title, the one he'd heard whispered by some distant company?  "...the Clovenheart."

It sounded odd, strange on his tongue. Who was he to have a title? A warrior, an old seer, alone, but... was he special? Did it mean he really was meant to do something great with his time outside a herd, as he had been considering? As if sensing his conflict, Lochan and Rakt moved closer and brushed their soft sides against his legs.

"These are my companions, Lochan and Rakt. We would be glad to keep you company, Banj. I used to be a scholar of sorts, if you are new to this land and seek knowledge then perhaps I could provide you with an introduction." The mare had come from inland and smelled of others, suggesting that she might belong to a herd, but Ashamin turned to her then and nodded, turning up his lips. "The same goes for you, miss, though you already seem versed in Helovia's twists and turns."

He shook his coat then, the thick beard, necklace, and sarong he sported shifting as he puffed himself up. Already life in the warmer wild had thinned out his Basin fur and revealed the built muscle beneath. Belatedly but always true to his manner, he stepped closer and reached out his nose in greeting, first to the curious hybrid and then to the darker, winged mare.

""

@Lyanna @Banjo (Don't tag me, a skype message will do. Let me know if you'd also prefer to not be tagged.)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Beyond the black stump - by Banjo - 06-09-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Banjo - 06-12-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Ashamin - 06-13-2016, 02:44 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Lyanna - 06-14-2016, 02:35 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Banjo - 06-17-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Ashamin - 06-28-2016, 11:15 AM