the Rift

Beyond the black stump

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She can’t help that laugh that escapes when he speaks. It’s a pleasant laugh, pleased and cheerful and a hint surprised, as he rocks back on his tail and winks. “That,” she says, nodding toward his tail, “seems like a very handy skill.” She flicks her own tail, white and teal, as if to point out how terribly useless it is for anything besides swatting away the flies. The teal is also a reminder of everything she has lost – all of her family had the teal tips – but no one quite needs to know that.

“I imagine flies make terrible company. I’ll do my best to be slightly more entertaining,” she offers, but she doesn’t get any further before they’re approached by another. Not that this is really shocking. That seems to be the way in the Threshold – moths swarming to the light. She’d had three come to her when she’d been new (two from the same place, though), and she’d never one been the only other horse to approach someone in the Threshold.

The newest member of their now-trio is black and white, with all sorts of various markings that make her think he’s probably been around here for some time. But then again, all manner of creatures find their way here, so who really knew. His eyes, she notices, are pure black, and it’s impossible to tell where he’s looking. It’s slightly unsettling, honestly, but she doesn’t let it show.

He seems nice enough after all, his greeting pleasant. “It is,” she says, when he confirms their names. She offers a small, polite nod (ah, ever the Princess, so unable to shake that habit). Two dragons mill about his legs, and it’s not long before he introduces them as well, continuing on to offer them information. “Less than a year in Helovia and the World’s Edge,” she says to him, pausing here and turning her attention to Banj to add, “one of the herds in Helovia.” Because once, she had no clue what the World’s Edge would have been either.

“I don’t know if I’ve learned all the twists and turns this place seems to hold. I think I’ve just brushed the surface.” She chuckles slightly. In truth, she probably has a million questions, but none that seem pertinent to this particular conversation. She knows the herds and the lands and the general way of things here, which seems like a good place to start if Banj is, as she suspects, new. Instead, she turns to Banj with a curious look on her face, waiting to see if he has any questions of his own.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Banjo

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
Beyond the black stump - by Banjo - 06-09-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Banjo - 06-12-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Ashamin - 06-13-2016, 02:44 PM