the Rift

[OPEN] Magpie

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
I never sang for love, I never had a heart to mend
Because before the start began, I always saw the end

"Hey—shit" the scholar half called and half cursed as she fumbled in running; her co-ordination robbed by the potion she had drank. She almost had something else robbed of her earlier too, and if not for the skill of a Sleuth, she might be one gold necklace short. Dacianna tracked and ran —stumbled more like— after the marauder who thought he could get away with pinching her things. Well, not just things, pieces of herself, pieces of memory that belonged to her and not the pilfering magpie that dared to take them. The chase led her from the Edge and into a grove of trees where she tried to trap her thief. "Hey! HEY! Stop—" she puffed, weezed, Gods it was difficult to run when her legs wouldn't co-operate. How did she always end up in these kinds of situations? Earlier she was calm, serene almost, thinking about the next thing on her ever growing list of things. More things, but she had almost been missing one thing. Last time it had been a thieving colt who had done it just to get her in trouble, and he had, big time, little shit; but that was past, however, her present was turning out to be hauntingly familiar. Why wouldn't life stop, breathe, settle for a moment so she could catch her breath. Literally.

The scholar took a moment to look at her surroundings, the grove of trees made a pretty picture of the lake that laid out to the side of her and, if not for her current situation, Dacianna might have thought it peaceful. Romantic even. Yet, the Philosopher's date was with a magpie and her thoughts ranged from anger to annoyance, rather than shyness to love. 

"You—" breathe Dacianna she mumbled silently to herself and paused to catch her breath before continuing. "You, who do you think you are?" she demanded, little snitch. What did the thief want with her golden jewel anyway? Did they not have gold in Helovia? Or was this an enemy of the Edge trying to cause trouble?

Either way, she was determined to find out.

* Permission from Eris to chase Ovidius
Quest Thread #3 -- attempting to run after a thief
sorry this took so long to get up Eris, you're a doll <3

@Ovidius
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

She had been so close, mere inches from that lavish necklace, mere seconds from the feel of gold at her throat. But now...

"Shit shit shi- EEEEP!" The tiny mare shrieked her dissent as the bulky mass of antlered woman advanced on those gods-be-damned long legs of hers, "Stop! I'm sorry! Shit, lady!" Her heart was pounding against her ribs, bashing against the golden bones in a sharp staccato beat. How had she been caught? How had she failed yet again? Her thoughts took a break as she leaped over a fallen sapling - a skip for others that served as a massive lunge for her.

As tiny obsidian hooves struck soil, Ovidius realized too late that she had trapped herself. Breath coming fast, the petite mare turned to face the enraged figure of her would-be victim, liquid gold eyes wide with what she refused to admit was fear. Pressing her backside against the sturdy trunk of a tree, Ovi let the sharp bite of bark against her flanks distract her - if only slightly - from the matter at hoof.

The grey mare was breathing hard, huffing as if she had ran a marathon (and honestly, looking at how far Ovi had made it before trapping her stupid self in this grove, they sort of had done just that) and her lovely Aurelian eyes - so similar to Ovidius' own - were filled with what the tiny lass interpreted as her doom. The next words to spill from the enraged woman's mouth were laced with accusatory venom, a sort of anger that Ovi felt that she was particularly undeserving of. Brows bunching while her lips creased into a grouchy pout, the slim gal jutted her chin out at the larger mare and gave a huff.

"Well I never. Who do you think you are? Talking to me like that as if I were a common thief!" She paused, cocking her head to the side and eyes narrowed in silent conversation with herself as she considered what she had said. "Wait." Her lips pursed for a moment before drawing back into a sheepish smile, "I am a thief, aren't I? Well... whatever. I'm not common by any measure, so let's get that straight." With a stomp of a single hoof - which barely left an indent - Ovidius straightened her stance and looked down her nose at the owner of the necklace.

"I'm Ovidius and I like your stupid pretty dumb shiny necklace."

@Dacianna
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.