the Rift

[OPEN] moving past ghosts

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Today, she does not leave the Edge. It’s rare for her, this staying put here. But she knows if she keeps up and leaving, wandering Helovia like the nomad, than this place will never become home. It’s her own fault it’s not already home. She just couldn’t stomach how hard it’s been to start over. Not, not just hard. Miserable. Every time she hears a deep laugh, she thinks of Corbin. Every time she hears a high, needy whine, she thinks of Adelene (not so bad as Lyanna might pretend, because she misses her sister despite all their differences).

But they are gone. And it’s just her. And she cannot bring herself to move forward. To move past their ghosts and make her own life.

And then that realization makes her feel like a failure. Corbin wouldn’t be proud of her. He’d taught her to be strong. He’d taught her to fight and to control the wind (also gone, like everything else). He’s taught her to be, most important, herself. She can hear his voice in her head, chiding her. And then she’s stumbled into that damn shadow and he’d been there. Actually been there. Her feet his is buckskin coat, the world around them had erupted in flame.

It’d been a mirage, but it was better than nothing.

But today, she forces herself to stay. She’s at the edge of the kingdom, trying to learn her way around the broken glass wall. Trying to learn where the holes large enough to step through were. Not that she doesn’t just fly over the wall herself, but rather, because she does try to bring the occasional recruit back. And they don’t always fly. Besides, it seems like a good think to know. She had to try, after all, if anything was ever going to change. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Glasgow

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
I'm sitting pretty in my brand new scars,
and you'll never know —
The broken glass that lined the outskirts of the Edge were almost something that Glasgow could understand. Something that had to have been so beautiful at one point in time, was now shattered and littered upon the ground. Despite that - as the new Glazier began to realize - you could end up taking broken pieces and creating something beautiful again. That's why she was here again, looking upon the pieces of glass with the faded paint that she had created. It surely wasn't going to last very long - but at least it was something beautiful. A small sigh escaped her lips as her glassy eyes studied the pieces of glass that hung from branches and shrubbery, glinting with the movements of the wind becoming almost lost within the fog. But she knew it was there. She'd always know it was there, even when the paint had chipped or ran off completely. She would know what she created, and cherish it in its entirety.

But when she heard a sound, she lifted her scarred face to peer through the blanket of fog, doing her best to distinguish between the different colors in the mists. It was getting harder with her old age, old bones becoming painful with each winter and chill, old eyes getting less and less reliable. She felt a slight twinge of nervousness settle in her stomach until she remembered that she were in fact home and despite the fact she felt as though she hadn't done much - she had proved it enough to her King. So with the thought of the Edge on her shoulders, protection in the fog, she followed where she thought the sound had come from.

Upon further inspection, as the fog lessened, Glasgow spotted a familiar pegasus. The black mare with the familiar white patches and teal dipped caused a smile to grow upon her face. She remembered her from the very painting lesson that the scarred Glazier had held in another section of the shattered wall. Approaching the mare further, she dipped her head - her smile soft and gentle despite the awkward look it probably carried from her already being permanently scarred with a smile. Glassy eyes sought for the mare's for a moment. "Lyanna, is it? I didn't get to tell you thank you for coming to my painting event. I'm Glasgow - if I didn't introduce myself last time. Old age makes it hard to remember." She approached a bit further, but not to encroach upon the pegasus' space. Just enough so the joke she cracked would possibly be in better hearing range. "What brings you to the wall?" She questioned a bit softer, ivory ears perking to listen for the mare's answer - if she were to provide one.

"Talk."
—if you
don't ever
try again.
image credits

@Lyanna thanks for starting the thread <33 I saw that Lyanna had posted to Glasgow's painting thread, so I assumed that she would know her name from when she announced it in the clearing. If that's not okay, I can change it :D

Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

The sound of hoof steps pulls her from her study of the broken wall. She can’t help but wonder just what had happened to the beautiful wall. Yes, certainly, glass would break. But this didn’t look simply like old age. Had weather or war or something else entirely sent the wall into ruin? It must have been beautiful, when it stood whole once. How long ago was that?

She’s not entirely used to the fog around here. It’s not too dense in the area that she’s inspecting – purposefully, she likes forests, not fog – and the face that slips from the fog behind her at least proves to be a friendly, and somewhat familiar one. She’s starting to recognize the horses that call the Edge home, some better than others. She hadn’t really spoken to the mare that stands before her now, but she certainly remember the nearly-white mare, that scar across her eye.

She’d been the one to lead the glass staining. There’s probably still some various smears of color on Lyanna’s feathers, if she looks hard enough. And not for lack of trying to wash it off. Feathers stain really well, apparently. Oh well. It probably makes her fit in here more. Everyone is rather decorative and color splashed around Helovia.

She smiles at the other mare, nodding her head in acknowledgement that that is, in fact, her name. “It’s a pleasure to properly meet you,” she says, chuckling slightly at the old age joke. Sometimes, in truth, Lyanna forgets that she’s young. She feels a hundred years old after all that has happened. “And thank you for coming up with such a beautiful idea. It was, I admit, rather fun to get a little messy.” Not something Princesses were supposed to do, after all, and not something she did all that often. Not that it mattered now. She could be as paint splattered as she wanted.

“Ah,” she says, feeling almost sheepish, but willing to answer. “I figured it might be useful to know my way around it. I mean, I fly over often enough, but it probably couldn’t hurt to know where the larger holes are and such.” She’s always tried to learn the landscape, but especially now. She’s got so few friends here, she’s not entirely sure what else to do with herself. But she’s trying, finally. Really trying. Damn Corbin and his ghost. But she knows he’d be disappointed, and that is the one thing she can never do. Disappoint him. He’d been not only her brother, but her friend and her teacher. And if he couldn’t live, then she had to.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Glasgow works for me! I assume Lyanna introduced herself, haha, but I'm actually old so I remember nothing.

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

Skylark
and you'll never know —
It’s a pleasure to properly meet you.

Glasgow nods to the pegasus, offering a smile in return for her own as gratitude that she wasn’t the only one to enjoy the old age joke. It had been awhile since the scarred mare had gotten the chance to talk to someone that wasn’t some sort of business or another. She had the tendency to stick to herself, but with her recent promotion it had granted her the ideas that perhaps she could go out and be a bit more prominent in the place she had called home for more than a year. As Lyanna spoke of the painting lesson, Glasgow turned her head to look upon the glass wall with the shattering remnants littered across the ground, glittering with hope of what had been, and what could inevitably be.It is. I’m glad you enjoyed it. It was a bit out of my comfort zone, but it seemed to have been taken well. That’s all I can ask for.” She admitted, turning her heavy horned head to face the mare again. The broken piece of the first horn that lined her face glinting with the movement.

She listened as Lyanna spoke more, patient and grateful to have an actual conversation. Nodding to her, Glasgow offered another smile. “I wish I had been blessed with the ability to fly. Alas, that was gifted to my sister.” Her smile faltered slightly before she shook her head and turned her attention back to the glass wall. “I can show you some of my favorite spots if you’d like?” She questioned, tilting her head to look upon the mare with her glassy orbs. Her smile still visible on her face - aside from the ones gifted of the scars.

Her chest felt slightly tight at the mention of her sister. She hadn’t told anyone that she had a sibling, aside from Abaddon. No one in the Edge knew of her situation upon her arrival to Helovia - her skepticism with the Gods and the hardships that came with losing your family member after fighting so hard to protect them. An ear flickered backward at the memory, a slight showing of the frustration that had wrapped itself tight within her chest, only showing in the most inconvenient times. Perhaps talking about it would help, but she always assumed the worst as of late - and imagined that no one would understand her situation. Regardless, the Glazier would be surprised at how much other’s did understand in different circumstances.

"Talk."
—if you
don't ever
try again.
image credits

@Lyanna she did introduce herself :D no worries though, I had to double check. xD

Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Lyanna spent far too much time wandering around, talking to random strangers here and there in conversations that don’t really lead anywhere. But of course, when you refuse to talk of your past and you have very little in the present to speak of, there’s not much left to talk about. And what good is the conversation about the weather? She needed to learn more of healing, probably. Needed to give herself more to do. But in truth, she didn’t know where to begin. Though somehow, that didn’t seem to matter much, as she’d managed a promotion anyway (a thought that both baffled and pleased her at once). At least her efforts meant something. 

“I wouldn’t have known,” she offers, when the mare admits it was a bit out of her comfort zone. Lyanna couldn’t have told you, from that painting lesson alone, that the Glazier was only recently promoted to that title. The conversation moves on to flight, and mention of a sister. She thinks, though she isn’t entirely sure, that Glasgow’s smile falters for a moment here. Because she can’t fly? Or because of something else entirely? Or maybe, Lyanna’s simply making things up.

She smiles easily instead,  “I can't say it isn't wonderful gift.” She would be lost without the ability to fly now. With the wind taken from her, it was the closest she ever felt to herself now. At least in the sky the wind held her up, brushed against her sky and she moved through the air. At least up there, she could pretend the currents holding her up were of her own making. She was almost whole, when she flew.

Almost.

“Both of my siblings had wings, white and teal tipped like mine.” Like Glasgow, she has no idea why she’s offering this information. Maybe because of that faltering smile and the one ear that flicks back on the pale mare. Offering a tidbit of her own information that might make it better somehow? If there was even anything that needed to be made better. She has no idea. Maybe, in truth, she just wants to admit that she had a family and that they are gone. Maybe she just wants to say it aloud so the weight of it all doesn’t pull her into the ground anymore. Yes, she’d told Auriel, but without any personal feeling attached to it. She’d told it like fact, and nothing more, and somehow that wasn’t the same.

But she isn’t about to simply start gushing her life story to some mare. So instead, she simply offers a piece of information in exchange for a piece freely given. That’s how conversations worked, anyway, so it only seemed fair.   “We were different in our powers. My brother controlled fire, and I controlled the wind.” And Adalene? Well, honestly, they weren’t sure what elemental affinity the girl had, but it didn’t matter now anyway. Adalene’s powers were gone, and so was Adalene.

The conversation shifts, and Lyanna’s smile grows a little brighter, a little less strained than it often is when she thinks of home. “I would love that, if you don’t mind.” 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Glasgow

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

Skylark
and you'll never know —
Listening to the Pegasus speak, Glasgow smiled gently to her despite the awkward tightness in her breast. Lyanna spoke of flight being a wonderful gift and the Glazier just nodded gently to her. “I imagine it would be.” A half laugh escaped her as she shifted her weight. But then, Lyanna began to speak of her own siblings. The scarred mare’s glassy gaze sought out the ebony and ivory pegasus’. Nodding ever so slightly she smiled at the welcome of information. It was almost nice to have this feeling of being able to share information about her sister after she had tried to block it all from memory. “That sounds beautiful.” She admitted, smiling. Then as she began to speak of magic, she let her eyes find the mare again. “What was it like?” She questioned, curiously wondering what it was like to even have magic.

Believe it or not, I didn’t always look like this.” The new Glazier actually laughed at her comment. It was a very sensitive issue for her, but she felt comfort with Lyanna in being able to explain it. “My sister and I looked the same, only she had wings and I had horns. We were both white, completely, not a shred or speck of different color on our skin. We had the bluest eyes the West had ever seen.” Glasgow paused, getting lost in thought. “Creatures would come from all directions to speak with us, we were diplomats back then. We didn’t have magic, but we did have a way with words.” She nodded before looking back to the glass wall.

Pausing for a moment, she pulled herself out of her memories to pay attention to the holes and cracks in the wall that were big enough to step through. She stepped closer to it, making sure to not step on too much of the splintered glass on the earth. “My favorite places to step through are the ones next to where trees have begun to grow. She began, lifting a blood stained leg and stepping over a tiny sapling that had pushed out a variety of pieces of glass from the opposing side as it grew. “Of course it wont last long as the trees begin to grow taller, but for the moment the Wall breaks with the will of the Earth.” She smiled back to Lyanna as she retracted her leg from the wall. “Other places are where bushes had grown but since been removed, they can be pretty wide and are surprisingly smoothed out so you don’t get little cuts in your coat.

"Talk."
—if you
don't ever
try again.
image credits

@Lyanna

Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

They fall into conversation with relative ease. She hasn’t had something quite like this yet in her time in Helovia. Is it simply because she’s starting to feel more at ease in this new life? Or is there something in particular about Glasgow that invites conversation? In truth, she’s not sure. She didn’t fall into conversation like this with Alysanne, though perhaps that’s an unfair comparison. Alysanne found her on the border, when Lyanna hardly even knew where she was, let alone knew what to talk about. But still, even as the Moon Doctor becomes a closer friend, Lyanna doesn’t often find herself offering information so readily (though that is changing, lately).

Maybe everything just finally hurts less. Maybe. Though in truth, she finds that hard to believe. She just thinks it’s easier to forget about it, as her new life takes some semblance of shape. 

That sounds beautiful, Glasgow says, and Lyanna smile grows wistful. “Oh, it was amazing.” she admits, when the mare asks what it was like. “Impossibly free. I can still fly, of course, but the things I could do when I controlled the wind around me were far more impressive than anything I can do now. But also powerful, in a way I am not on my own.” This isn’t her being self-deprecating (though she finds, in her sorrow, she has a tendency for that). It’s just truthful. She is small, not particularly skilled in war or stealth, and hardly made of muscle. But with the power of the wind. “I could have leveled forests once upon a time. Not that I did, I love trees. But still, sometimes it was nice knowing that I could.”

She chuckles slightly. She’d never (purposefully) hurt a tree. Accidentally though, yes. Many times. The Glazier changes subjects now, talking of herself, and Lyanna flicks both ears forward, interested to learn more about the scarred mare. About another of her herd mates, because in truth, she’s been pretty lax in learning about them. Glasgow tells of her past; what both her and her sister had looked like. They sound, in a way, almost more like priests or prophets than simply diplomats. 

“I can believe it, actually,” she says, teal eyes looking at the other mare as if seeing exactly what Glasgow described. ”May I ask what happened? Though feel free to say no, I won’t be offended.” she says, knowing that some things are easier left unsaid. She wasn’t a fan of talking of her own past. Not the nitty gritty, anyway. Not the whispers of how Corbin’s blood soaked through his tent. Not the rumors that her mother pleaded and screamed for her life (it was so unlike her mother, Lyanna didn’t believe it, but the fact that others did still made her angry). She didn’t like to think of how her family would be remembered. They had not been unkind rulers. They had not deserved such a bloody death. And they did not deserve to be remembered as tyrants, which is how the rebels painted them.

Ah, the power of words and stories. It seems, to Lyanna, that Glasgow would understand that power. The power of the wind didn’t save Lyanna, but the power of words destroyed her.

Glasgow takes a step toward the wall, and Lyanna turns her head, watching where the other mare point. “Clever,” she says, having honestly never thought to look for places where the glass wouldn’t cut her. Why didn’t that cross her mind? Did she really care so little for herself now? 

She takes a step forward, examining the little sapling and the wall around it, rather amazed by how everything made eventually crumbled to the will of the Earth. “Were you here when the wall was whole? she asks, not even sure how long it’s been since the wall started to crumble. One day, perhaps, she’d know these things. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Glasgow

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

Skylark
and you'll never know —
Oh, it was amazing.” The winged mare began, speaking of the beauty of the magic she held before crossing Helovia’s threshold. Glasgow watched her with ease, finding the conversation pleasant and perhaps even the tiniest bit comforting. And as she spoke of leveling trees, Glasgow let a small chuckle escape her lips. “You would’ve fit in, in my homeland.” She admitted, offering the girl a wink as she too chuckles. But then, the conversation is moving on and the scarred Glazier allows it with open arms. Lyanna admits that she could believe that Glasgow looked different beforehand. The Glazier caught the mare’s eyes as she asked what happened. Her ears wavered unsure if she really did want to explain. But, what could it hurt? Nobody knew. Nobody would torment her further for the choices she made back home.

There were Gods here and whether or not she believed in them, perhaps they might protect her from the ghosts of her past. So the Glazier waited to explain until after she showed the mare the holes to get through the wall. As she made it to the other side she turned to watch as the mare took a step forward as the question hit her ears. A small smile grew on her scarred lips as she shook her head. “No. It was like this when I got here, I’m not sure what happened. I heard some stories about an invasion that happened – not sure if that has anything to do with it, though.” She admitted while waiting for the mare to fully cross over the crumbling glass wall. And when she had, Glasgow’s glassy gaze sought out the mares as her smile began to falter ever so slightly.

Back to your previous question… My sister had too much pride being winged. She was very vain, very narcissistic. The Gods from our homeland had graced her with the wings and beauty to spread the word of the grace of the gods. I did it with ease. It was easy to tell people to join us and be a part of something so big and so beautiful. But I didn’t have the wings that my sister preened every night – I didn’t have the fateful mirror to look into and speak to myself.” She paused, reminiscing as she shifted her weight. “Eventually, she began to care for herself more than spreading the word. And so the gods began to punish her. First they tore her wings away – the gift she had given them for her to do such a simple task. She was furious, using her magic in an attempt to wage a war on the gods. Obviously that wasn’t going to work, anyone with a sane mind would know that. But she tried, and failed.” She tore her head away from Lyanna for a second, letting her vision land on the shards of glass by their feet.

I was stupid. I tried to protect her when the gods removed their presence and allowed the demons to come. But she was my sister, and I always told myself I’d do whatever I could to protect her. They ended up killing her after all, then tortured me – scarring me to “remember the happier days with a smile on my face” they said. Then they left me there bleeding for days until I was somehow well enough to move on. I thought I had died, but I didn’t. And sometimes I wonder if I should have that day – what even kept me here?” She paused, seeking the pegasus’ gaze once more. “My wounds healed, but the scars and the blood remain as reminders I suppose. They even broke off the tip of my first horn – I hadn’t realized it until I found it on my way out of the ruins of my birthplace. I tied it here to keep with me.” She said solemnly, turning slightly and flicking her tail toward the mare – showing the shard of glass that was her horn that was braided into the gray strands of her tail.

Sorry, that got depressing. It was nice to, well, get it off the chest. You’re the first one I’ve told.” Her voice was quiet and she offered the mare a small smile despite the dark course their conversation had gone.

"Talk."
—if you
don't ever
try again.
image credits

@Lyanna sorry it took so long! Was trying to figure out how to put it xD

Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

If she’s being honest, it makes her sort of glad to find out she’s not the only one who doesn’t know all the history of this place. Sometimes she feels like the only new horse around (despite knowing that’s untrue). Sometimes, it’s hard to remember that new horses flood this place daily, and that she’s probably not the only one who doesn’t know what happened to the wall, or when it was built in the first place. Why anyone wanted a wall out of glass in the first place, for that matter. How strong could a glass wall really be?

Clearly not that strong, as evidenced by the ruins that were left behind.

But after another moment, Glasglow is talking again, answering Lyanna’s first question about her past. Lyanna flicks both ears in the Glazier’s direction, listening with rapt attention. Their stories are not the same – Lyanna’s and Glassglow’s – but there is a shared sorrow there. Lyanna doesn’t turn a pitying gaze on the gray mare, but when the story is done, she says “I’m sorry to hear that. But I am glad you got it off your chest, and rather flattered it was me you told.” There’s no pity, just understanding, in her voice. Because she does understand. She knows what it is like to lose everything.

“My sister was rather vain as well,” she offers, a story for a story. Passing understanding between the two mares, not comparisons. “though she did not have a job so important as spreading the message of gods. Morham had no gods, but my family was the ruling dynasty. Pegasi have always ruled Morham, and though other species have lived and held high ranks in that kingdom for centuries, they have never ruled.” And of course, that is the crux of the problem. Everyone wants power. As much as they can have. It is never enough to be close. It isn’t enough that the current rulers are fair and just. In the end, none of those things matter. Everyone just wants a crown on their heads.

“My sister was the youngest of three, and simply spoiled. Corbin, my brother, the older and heir to the throne. As is custom in Morham, he was sent into the army and marched off to a neighboring land due to an impending war. Rebels slit his throat while he was sleeping, and when my parents went to investigate, they were murdered in a coup. My sister and I, in truth, were lucky. A few servants heard and helped us escape. No scars, no beatings, just the loss of our powers. But we couldn’t hide nearby, the teal on our coats marks us as royalty in Morham. My sister disappeared when we arrived in Helovia, and didn’t tell me where she was going, and I wouldn’t know where to even look if I tried to find her.”

Perhaps she should have gone after her sister, but she doesn’t know where to begin. Adelene had been behind her in the Threshold one minute, and then gone the next. Maybe she should spend her life chasing after her sister, keeping the one piece of her family that she has left. But maybe, on some level, she is not that kind or good. She shakes her head slightly, “I haven’t really talked about that either.” Her smile is a bit crooked, something shared between souls that can begin to understand one another.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Glasgow - no worries! it took me long enough to reply, lol

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

Skylark
and you'll never know —
The honesty and trust that Glasgow had given Lyanna were things that the scarred Glazier never imagined she would’ve done in her lifetime. She was always so used to learning how to handle things herself, how to keep things bottled up. Being the face of an entire religion and city made it so you weren’t allowed to express your feeling and talk about your history – for it were a combination of things that could be used against you and your future endeavors. So the Glazier had learned early on in her life that keeping things bottled up was the best thing to do – until she came to Helovia. Everything changed when she arrived here, no longer was she the face of really anything. What did she have to fear?

Glasgow allowed her pale gaze to land on Lyanna as she spoke up, commenting the secretive history that the scarred mare had lead. Lyanna didn’t look at her, but Glasgow found that to be somewhat comforting in a strange sense. Her words helped the feeling last a little bit longer as well. All Glasgow did was nod to her before she continued, returning the favor with adding a story of her own. Her eyes were set on the mare, studying and listening all the same. Glasgow made sure to mentally note the location Lyanna noted – Morham, in case perhaps she might’ve known at some point where that place was located before continuing on, ears perked to the mare. She spoke of the royalty and the family lines of Morham. Glasgow made sure to note that Lyanna was royalty as well, and she slightly smiled to the mare as she recalled her relations.

The smile had begun to fade now, though. As she continued, she spoke of war and devastation, family becoming lost among the frays of reality. Solemnly, Glasgow continued to nod along with her. And when she had finished, Lyanna shook her head and smiled a crooked smile to the mare who’s smile had been brutally etched into her flesh. The Glazier offered her a small smile as she continued. “Thank you for sharing with me.” She began, shifting her weight and flicking her tail slightly against her blood stained hocks. “It’s always eye opening to learn where people came from, what made them how they are. It’s always fascinated me. We have a lot in common Lyanna, I hope I can count on you to be my friend.” Friendship was something that Glasgow needed to ask to get her affirmation. From her homeland, you were only friends if someone had asked, a strange way to go about things but that’s how it worked there – that’s how Glasgow worked. Those she hadn’t asked to be a friend would be considered acquaintances. Such as Tembovu, Mauja, Alysanne, and more. “And I hope that if you ever need to talk or anything, that you know you can come to me. If you end up on an endeavor to seek out your sister, keep these old bones in mind.” She winked and let a small laugh escape her chest.

"Talk."
—if you
don't ever
try again.
image credits

@Lyanna <3333 she's a weirdo I apologize

Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

On some level, Lyanna can understand what it’s like to keep things bottled up. She didn’t have a whole city’s religion on her shoulders, but she was the oldest female in her family. Her brother would inherit the throne to Morham, and Lyanna would be “married” to a nearby herd to form an alliance. Who she managed to snag, as the phrase may be, determined how strong their ally would be, what kind of help they would have received. And as such, she was never allowed to be anything less than charming, anything short of beautiful (beauty in Morham was far plainer than Helovia), or anything that didn’t involve smiles and sunshine.

She’d only had Corbin, really. He was her rock, her shoulder, and the only one she could trust. In the wee hours of the morning, before the sun had come up, they often found themselves together. Walking and talking, reassuring and offering advice. Mostly he helped her, but sometimes, it worked in reverse. Without him, Lyanna didn’t have anyone else to turn to. Her sister was too spoiled, to young, too immature. She couldn’t go to her parents. His death took her only ally away, and not long after, it took her whole life.

Finding Glasgow, finding someone that was so easy to talk to, was a blessing she never expected to have. The mare listens with attention, as Lyanna had listened to her as well. And when the story comes to an end, Glasgow offers a few words as well, the word friend slipping in to the conversation. “I would love to be your friend. And I that I will always be here for you as well. Someone to talk to or anything else, should you need it.” She pauses, glad to have found someone to share with. Because it always feels better to know someone is in your corner.

“There are so many histories here, but despite that, I admit I find it hard to talk so freely to everyone. Even now, even here. Though if I ever catch a rumor of my sister, I might just take you on an offer to go hunt her down. I’ll have to murder her for making me worry so,” she laughs at that. A joke, of course. Adelene would likely murder Lyanna if they ever found each other, because Lyanna would pretty much smother her at that point. No more letting the girl out of her sight. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Glasgow - I'm so sorry that took forever! If you want to end it here (seems like it's probably a good ending place), that works for me. They can definitely meet up again soon. Lyanna is excited to have a friend, haha.

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki