the Rift

[OPEN] moving past ghosts

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

The sound of hoof steps pulls her from her study of the broken wall. She can’t help but wonder just what had happened to the beautiful wall. Yes, certainly, glass would break. But this didn’t look simply like old age. Had weather or war or something else entirely sent the wall into ruin? It must have been beautiful, when it stood whole once. How long ago was that?

She’s not entirely used to the fog around here. It’s not too dense in the area that she’s inspecting – purposefully, she likes forests, not fog – and the face that slips from the fog behind her at least proves to be a friendly, and somewhat familiar one. She’s starting to recognize the horses that call the Edge home, some better than others. She hadn’t really spoken to the mare that stands before her now, but she certainly remember the nearly-white mare, that scar across her eye.

She’d been the one to lead the glass staining. There’s probably still some various smears of color on Lyanna’s feathers, if she looks hard enough. And not for lack of trying to wash it off. Feathers stain really well, apparently. Oh well. It probably makes her fit in here more. Everyone is rather decorative and color splashed around Helovia.

She smiles at the other mare, nodding her head in acknowledgement that that is, in fact, her name. “It’s a pleasure to properly meet you,” she says, chuckling slightly at the old age joke. Sometimes, in truth, Lyanna forgets that she’s young. She feels a hundred years old after all that has happened. “And thank you for coming up with such a beautiful idea. It was, I admit, rather fun to get a little messy.” Not something Princesses were supposed to do, after all, and not something she did all that often. Not that it mattered now. She could be as paint splattered as she wanted.

“Ah,” she says, feeling almost sheepish, but willing to answer. “I figured it might be useful to know my way around it. I mean, I fly over often enough, but it probably couldn’t hurt to know where the larger holes are and such.” She’s always tried to learn the landscape, but especially now. She’s got so few friends here, she’s not entirely sure what else to do with herself. But she’s trying, finally. Really trying. Damn Corbin and his ghost. But she knows he’d be disappointed, and that is the one thing she can never do. Disappoint him. He’d been not only her brother, but her friend and her teacher. And if he couldn’t live, then she had to.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Glasgow works for me! I assume Lyanna introduced herself, haha, but I'm actually old so I remember nothing.

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
moving past ghosts - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 03:05 PM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Glasgow - 06-12-2016, 05:37 PM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Lyanna - 06-14-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Glasgow - 06-14-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Lyanna - 06-17-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Glasgow - 06-25-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Lyanna - 06-28-2016, 10:55 AM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Glasgow - 07-19-2016, 05:52 PM