the Rift

[OPEN] let's play pretend

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

The little kitsune is adorable. All the companions she’s come across are adorable, honestly. The concept is still new to her, something she definitely did not have in Morham. Animals yes. Bonded companions? Definitely not. The idea intrigued her, and she wondered if she would ever find one of her own. And if so, what would it be? In truth, she wonders if a companion could fill even one tiny corner of heart where her family used to be. Not that she could ever replace her family, but perhaps, with time, she could fill some of the gaping wounds they left behind. 

She dips her head low, offering her muzzle to Hikari if he wanted, but not trying to startle the pup. She waits a moment to see what Hikari might do before lifting her head again and focusing her attention on the gray mare. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both,” she says, meaning it as she always does, as only a Princess probably can mean everything they say. That was her job, once. To look pretty, to have polite words, and to woo the world into her arms. She’d been good at it, when she needed to be. Now, she simply got to be herself, and sometimes she was still figuring out just who that was. “Oh, I don’t mind at all. Though I can see how perhaps, curiosity might not always be good.”

There’s a lot she doesn’t know about companions, and how that works. But she knows it’s a deep bond, and she can only imagine how protective someone needs to be over a companion so very small, like Hikari. If she’s not mistaken, a horse only ever gets one, and losing a companion might hurt as much – maybe even more – than losing one’s entire family.

Brisa is kind enough to answer her question, and Lyanna eyes the bamboo with a new curiosity. So it is, actually, a maze. How odd, and a little bit fun. More fun if she doesn’t cheat, but still, it’s nice not to worry about actually getting lost. Taking off in here would be an interested, rather ungraceful endeavor though. “It’s definitely unlike anything I’ve ever seen,” she admits. “And honestly, I was wandering in the Deep Forest, and I got far too lost in my own thoughts. At some point, I ended up here, and just figured I might as well keep going.” She laughs slightly, realizing this probably sounds ridiculous. But Lyanna has taken to being something of a vagrant. Yes, she has a home, but she does enjoy simply roaming Helovia (and not just because she spends far too much time wallowing in self-pity). 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Brisa

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
let's play pretend - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 04:18 PM
RE: let's play pretend - by Brisa - 06-12-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: let's play pretend - by Lyanna - 06-14-2016, 03:42 PM
RE: let's play pretend - by Brisa - 06-14-2016, 07:25 PM
RE: let's play pretend - by Lyanna - 06-28-2016, 11:49 AM