the Rift

[OPEN] let's play pretend

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Lyanna laughs as Brisa steps forward, tugging at one of the little kitsune’s five tails. Hikari goes spinning away, facing the gray mare once more. Lyanna is still, and probably always will be, fascinated and infatuated with the concept of a companion. It’s something, if she’s being honest, she thinks she would like to have. Something that would perhaps help fill in the spaces left behind by her family. Not replace, just someone that would remind her there’s a reason to live. She can imagine a little voice in her head yelling at her to snap out of it every time she let her mind wander too far back into the past. It would probably be good. That, or both her and her companion would be too depressed to be any fun at all.

Though in truth, Lyanna wouldn’t call herself depressed. She enjoys traveling and conversation and learning about the different herbs in Helovia and what they can do. She is sad, yes. But that doesn’t mean depressed. Thoughts of her family still slip in though, pieces of Helovia remind her too much of Morham. Someday, perhaps, those ghosts would fade. But she is beginning to live to learn with their memory, if nothing else.

“I’d love some company,” she says as Brisa asks if they can join. Lyanna is still amazed by the amount of polite horses she’s found in Helovia. Not that they have all been polite, mind you. Some were strange, with little to say and much to do. Some were downright rude. But mostly, she’d found welcoming arms in the Edge, she’d found Apollo. And Brisa seemed quite capable of having a polite conversation, something that reminded Lyanna of days spent in Morham, showing visiting dignitaries around. Their conversation was light and friendly, with no talk of business or hints of sorrowful pasts.

It was a nice break from everything, just to get lost in a maze with a mare that seemed pleasant and friendly. “The World’s Edge.” she offers in answer to Brisa’s question. It’s getting easier to remember that’s her home, and not Morham. Sometimes ‘Morham’ is on the tip of her tongue before she remembers. “Though only somewhat recently,” (still less than a year) “If you couldn’t tell by the fact I don’t even know where I am.” She laughs lightly, not afraid to laugh at her own expense a bit. It is amusing, after all.

“What is the Falls like? I’ve only see the landscape in the distance from the sky. I admit, it’s tempting to fly over. It looks lovely.” Not that she would ever actually go flying over someone else’s herd. She knows better than that, but still, she’ll admit that she would love to (the smile on her face should be enough to let Brisa know she’s hardly going to do it). 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Brisa

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
let's play pretend - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 04:18 PM
RE: let's play pretend - by Brisa - 06-12-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: let's play pretend - by Lyanna - 06-14-2016, 03:42 PM
RE: let's play pretend - by Brisa - 06-14-2016, 07:25 PM
RE: let's play pretend - by Lyanna - 06-28-2016, 11:49 AM