the Rift

A Mothers Plead

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

Watch, Vu, the moonlight dances here..

The last night of my sister’s life flashes before my mind’s eye, her taking me to the frozen lake in the early evening and star gazing with me. One of the very rare times Solstice seemed to recall I was her blood and that she (I can only hope) loved me. The moon’s soft rays sparkled against the dusting of snow across the lake’s surface and I recall my features lifting into a genuine smile as laughter fell from my lips. I remember thanking her profusely for taking me on this little adventure and thinking that maybe things would be different from then on and she might view as more than just a burden forced upon her by drawing the short stick. I will never know though, as the dream shifts to an ugly array of images; Solstice’s torn throat and lifeless, dull eyes.

Blackened lids spring open as cerulean eyes darken with old grief.

I move away from the tree I dozed against, now restless and unfortunately awake. A cougar had slain my sister while I slept and from the blood trail she had dragged her dying soul back to where I lay. I will never know the reason why she did such a thing but I do have some theories. Before my mind can expand on these thoughts, I hear the shouting of a male and with an internal sigh I debate silently. Do I care to meet another who will vanish from my life? I hear my mother’s voice reply, ’Foolish child, go and see who dwells here.’ Ebony tail twitches, smacking the trunk of a tree in the only outward sign of irritation that after all this time I can still my mother’s voice correcting my behavior. I decide in a moment it is easier to get this greeting over with as the stranger is not far from where I stand.

Slender charcoal limbs slide through the woods as an effortlessly neutral mask drops into place.

I have no time to practice allowing myself such liberties as expressions when dealing with strangers and I keep my features carefully neutral but not unwelcoming. Stepping through the brush I come upon more than I bargained for; a pegasus, a unicorn and…a hybrid of some sort that I have never seen before; all stallions. My steps falter for the briefest of moments and I force myself to come to an easy stop a respectable distance from all of them but marginally closer to the pegasus who seems to be the only lost soul in the trio. “Hello.” My voice slips out almost without my knowledge in a soft tone, polite but neutral like the rest of me. “My name is Vu, who are you?” At my question cerulean gaze lands squarely on the unique hybrid, curiosity sparking the tiniest light.

"speech"

OOC: EDIT: I posted this after the thread was reopened. XD

@Namida (I couldn't get a tag to work for Chaska's profile, I'm sorry!)
@Banjo

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Messages In This Thread
A Mothers Plead - by Chaska - 06-13-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: A Mothers Plead - by Banjo - 06-13-2016, 06:19 PM
RE: A Mothers Plead - by Chaska - 06-13-2016, 09:15 PM
RE: A Mothers Plead - by Ashamin - 06-13-2016, 09:28 PM
RE: A Mothers Plead - by Tamme - 06-15-2016, 10:47 AM
RE: A Mothers Plead - by Vu - 06-17-2016, 08:25 PM
RE: A Mothers Plead - by Chaska - 06-17-2016, 09:32 PM