the Rift

[PRIVATE] I’m unusually hard to hold on to

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
How strange.

The boy was somewhat used to going off on his own adventures, but usually, when he did so, he would have to go home, back to the Basin, and face his disappointed mother. But now he was free—at least of her and of the Basin. He loved his mother, and oh, breaking the news to her about his leaving the Basin would hurt him almost as much as it will her.

But for now, the boy wanted nothing more than to revel in his freedom. So he did just that. He wandered wherever he pleased, ended up happily lost in some sort of field. Contrary to what you might think, the boy didn't feel invincible, and his wanderings certainly scared him to some extent. However, he knew had the magic to defend himself. Any predator that dared to sink it's teeth into his skin would be met with electric blood and a sword to its throat.

He was confident, dangerously so, given his unwillingness to use his magic, and his reliance upon it. But he understood the dangers of what he was doing, and would use his magic if forced to. Speaking of which, he needed to find a nice, sharp rock in the event he would have to use his magic.

Rein huffed, and lurked further into the field, his eyes prowling the ground for rocks. He occasionally would pause to inspect a prospect, but he was having a difficult time finding one sharp enough to cut through his skin. This was easier task when he used his magic more.

@Tembovu <333
Rein
While you without remorse or pity fight,
So much in death and carnage you delight

image | coding
[Image: 56b8020492908]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the elephant king
He had ventured outside of the Edge on a hope—a small, bastard hope—that he would intercept Rexanna on her way to him and the Edge. But as each day drug on past that heartbreaking exchange with Elsa (once more the Icebound in both name and heart), and each day yielded no beautiful cerulean eyes nor delicately smiling lips of his soul’s siren, the happiness died. And, as the joyous and buoyant emotion deflated, it left a small core of painfully bright hope in his chest.

But it was becoming just that: painful. So he had wandered, out of the Edge’s eastern borders and towards the northern part of the Thistle Meadow. Mindlessly he wandered, mind purposefully empty while shadows and sadness clung and clawed at the edges of his consciousness. (They had shared meaningless words, things were broken, he was broken, not enough; he had destroyed the faith his Queen had in him for nothing more that baseless hopes and dreams.)

But, alas, before such thoughts could come crashing to the forefront of the Elephant’s mind, a glint of gold moving in the lush Birdsong grasses caught his eye. Hope, triumphant if only for a few agonizing moments (as hope always is), pressed against the ribs of his chest—

Only to collapse in a burning, tired ball once again. This golden body was not a woman’s, it was a youth’s. Still, though, the King was drawn to it for the momentary faith it had given him. And, as he drew nearer and recoconised the white-blanketed, red-spattered body of Rein, Rexanna’s love-child with a man she had claimed to bed out of fear, he inexplicably was drawn closer, rather than be repelled.

Perhaps it was because he was some connection to the woman. Perhaps it was because the last time he had met the boy, he had been a young colt full of wide, curious eyes and (most profoundly) love for his dam. And Tembovu had had nothing but anger and sadness for the colt.

So he drew closer, Mbwene hanging back at the sudden tumultuous swelling of emotions in her bonded. Though her sharp, bright blue eyes were trained on the colt’s peculiar movement, curiosity almost tempting her closer.

“Hello Rein,” the King’s deep voice rolled over the waving grasses, “You may remember me, we met when you were very little. I am Tembovu,” his thick horn dips in greeting as his navy eyes warm. “What is it you are looking for?” his dark gaze flicks to the ground that the blanketed boy was so closely studying.
Tembovu
No matter how fast or far a man runs
he cannot escape his fate.

image | texture | coding

@Rein sorry for the wait, bb <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
The boy heard footsteps. They were heavy, striking the ground with a hardness that reflected the gargantuan size of the individual approaching. Rein tensed, his ears flicking backwards, his mind racing as his navy gaze hastily searched the ground for a sharp rock. He felt no fear, despite understanding that the one approaching was large, and could be dangerous. As long as he found a rock, he knew he would be fine. The matter of finding a suitable stone, however, wasn't easy, and caused a flare of panic to seize the boy.

He searched harder, quicker, the blood spattered boy nosing furiously until the stranger stopped. The deep, rumbling voice of the stranger proved him to be not a stranger at all. The boy raised his head slowly, looking curiously up at the stallion, his eyes wide and childlike, as they had been when he had first met the King.

"I remember you," but I remember the stories of you even better, he added silently. His composure remained stoic, his curiosity far quieter than it had been when they first met, but far louder now than it had been in many moons.

The boy returned Tembovu's gesture, tersely dipping his own, comparatively minuscule crown. His question stumps the boy, his navy gaze flicking away from the warmth of the Elephant King (who, he noted, was now being trailed by an actual elephant). "A...rock. It doesn't matter," the boy replied softly, dismissively. His eyes flicked back up once more, not giving the gargantuan any time to reply. "Tembovu I-" He didn't know what he was trying to say. The King knew his mother well, didn't he? He could trust him with the truth, right? "I'm confused," he stated softly, his golden brow furrowing and moving from the stallion to the skyline. "I wanna leave the Basin, well I kinda already did, but I don't wanna leave my mom and..I dunno..I dunno what to do..I guess I was really lookin for answers, but I can hardly even form the questions," he stated dejectedly. His gaze stayed fixated on the horizon, on the stars and the moon. He felt far away from Tembovu, from the meadow, from his body and his hooves and his mind.

"Talk."

FIVE BAJILLION YEARS LATER SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT D: @Tembovu
Rein
While you without remorse or pity fight,
So much in death and carnage you delight

image | coding
[Image: 56b8020492908]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the elephant king
The colt, strangely, did not look up as he neared; instead the red marked boy’s muzzle remained firmly on the ground, nosing through the lush Birdsong grasses. Great skull cocked slightly at the fervent nature of his movements—util his head slowly and cautiously rose to look at him one his deep voice rumbled in greeting.

His dark brows rose, as he met the wide eyes, more brilliant blue than his own, navy gaze. Mbwene swayed behind her bonded for a moment, studying the colt, before ripping at a large patch of lush grass with her trunk and began to munch on it. “A rock?” His deep voice rumbled in question, despite the soft dismissal of the task by Rein. Though Mbwene, understanding the meaning of the word through their bond, began to root for rocks intermittently among her snacking, bright eyes glancing at the colt ever so often.

The great, plains-marked stallion remained quiet, however, as he listened closely to the young boy’s quiet, soft words. His ears perked, strained even, as he lost the bright, confused gaze to the skyline. His great head cocked slightly as he studied the bright red lines amid the golden face, a scarlet mirror of Rexanna’s own markings. “You left the Basin?” there was genuine surprise and concern in his low rumble, “Why?”

And, as he paused to hear the answer, his mind mulled. Rexanna had promised to come to the Edge to be with him… and this was her son. And, despite Rein being of another man’s loins, he was still apart of his love, and thus the King felt… tenderness for him. So, it was with a warm and subtly excited voice that he said, “Rein, your mother has agreed to come live with me in the Edge. I would gladly welcome you into my home, as well.”

And, just then, Mbwene small trunk rose in triumph, finding a pyramidal-shaped rock and slowly shuffling towards the bright gold colt to off it with her trunk. The King's lips twisted in amusement.
Tembovu
No matter how fast or far a man runs
he cannot escape his fate.

image | texture | coding

This is set back in his timeline when he thought Rexanna was actually coming to the Edge to be with him. So he's not lying to Rein, he just doesn't know that Ori ran Rex off D: @Rein

Please tag Tembovu.