the Rift

[PRIVATE] I’m unusually hard to hold on to

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the elephant king
The colt, strangely, did not look up as he neared; instead the red marked boy’s muzzle remained firmly on the ground, nosing through the lush Birdsong grasses. Great skull cocked slightly at the fervent nature of his movements—util his head slowly and cautiously rose to look at him one his deep voice rumbled in greeting.

His dark brows rose, as he met the wide eyes, more brilliant blue than his own, navy gaze. Mbwene swayed behind her bonded for a moment, studying the colt, before ripping at a large patch of lush grass with her trunk and began to munch on it. “A rock?” His deep voice rumbled in question, despite the soft dismissal of the task by Rein. Though Mbwene, understanding the meaning of the word through their bond, began to root for rocks intermittently among her snacking, bright eyes glancing at the colt ever so often.

The great, plains-marked stallion remained quiet, however, as he listened closely to the young boy’s quiet, soft words. His ears perked, strained even, as he lost the bright, confused gaze to the skyline. His great head cocked slightly as he studied the bright red lines amid the golden face, a scarlet mirror of Rexanna’s own markings. “You left the Basin?” there was genuine surprise and concern in his low rumble, “Why?”

And, as he paused to hear the answer, his mind mulled. Rexanna had promised to come to the Edge to be with him… and this was her son. And, despite Rein being of another man’s loins, he was still apart of his love, and thus the King felt… tenderness for him. So, it was with a warm and subtly excited voice that he said, “Rein, your mother has agreed to come live with me in the Edge. I would gladly welcome you into my home, as well.”

And, just then, Mbwene small trunk rose in triumph, finding a pyramidal-shaped rock and slowly shuffling towards the bright gold colt to off it with her trunk. The King's lips twisted in amusement.
Tembovu
No matter how fast or far a man runs
he cannot escape his fate.

image | texture | coding

This is set back in his timeline when he thought Rexanna was actually coming to the Edge to be with him. So he's not lying to Rein, he just doesn't know that Ori ran Rex off D: @Rein

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
I’m unusually hard to hold on to - by Rein - 06-13-2016, 06:49 PM
RE: I’m unusually hard to hold on to - by Rein - 07-19-2016, 10:26 AM
RE: I’m unusually hard to hold on to - by Tembovu - 07-27-2016, 04:30 PM