the Rift

table failing

Zyanya Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: VI
Tai
TO LET MY HEART BE MOVED, TO LAUGH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART,
TO FIND MEANING IN EVERYDAY LIFE...
A captivated audience watches her, the pale girl in the middle of a sunrise, as she lays her past out before them. Skeletons worn on the outer edge of her skin instead of buried deep inside, Zyanya never held a secret. Honest to a fault, sincere without regard for her own preservation, a trusting girl in a world full of liars and cheats. Even when the girl had been nothing but a wallflower among the noble, many had lied to her and used her easy going sensibilities to climb closer to the chief of their realm.

Luck began to shine upon the lonesome girl in the forest, having met two amiable strangers with which to shoulder her burdens. The dangers of the world did not linger in the heart of her new company, as far as could be gathered. Instead, the pair remained silent and calm throughout the strangely innocent actions of the little lamb.

After the parade of her former horrors, the chocolate mare offers condolences in a soft voice. Zyanya smiles pleasantly to try to rid the feelings of sorrow from the hearts of this stranger, for that had not been the intention of telling her story. She had simply been answering a question. "Thank you," a warm appreciation of the kindness of a stranger in the forest.

Eyes begin to drift around her now, wondering if it would be possible to find her way to the North Haven by herself. Even from home, Zyanya never knew the route to the safe meadows of the north. Having spent very little time outside of the noblelands, the girl could not even find North if she had to. Hope of seeing her lost family dwindled, somewhere in her heart a sinking feeling welled, dark oceans filling the spaces left from the severing of their company. Home, where was that?

Ears tilt toward the pair once more as the maiden begins speaking, thoughts swerving from the wreckage of her former world back to reality. No sense in mourning more before this gentle mare, Zyanya had already exhausted the kindness of a stranger... or so she thought. Frost Fyre - a strange name befitting a strange world. The pastel hued girl listens, enthralled by the description of the Aurora Basin and the briefest mention of magic. In her home, tales of the ancestors spoke of unicorns holding mystical powers granted by the elements. Shrouded in mystery and guarded by the scholars of her land, the knowledge of magic became a legend told to children. An archaic time filled with glorious heroes and beautiful damsels, the fore fathers of a now mundane nation trapped in civil turmoil.

Come with me to the Basin, if you'd like. An invitation so unexpected, Zyanya could have been blown over by a slight breeze. Instead, a smile graces the gentle face of the pale maiden, her heart easy to read in her lilac eyes as excitement and wonder erases the former troubles from her mind. "Really? That would be wonderful!" Somewhere safe... the Aurora Basin. Maybe she was dreaming, for last night certainly felt like a nightmare.

"Oh..." the girl's training catches up with her. Standing tall for her small stature, the maiden tilts her head respectfully toward the ground. "How rude of me, I nearly forgot. I am Zya, short for Zyanya."

"I would be delighted to come to the... Aurora Basin."
...I wanted to be given permission.
Zyanya

Tai Posts: 0
OOC Account
Stallion :: Other :: Venti :: 23
Tai
Zyanya
Typing here

"Speaking"
YOU ARE THE BLUEST LIGHT.
image credit to Steve Corey on flickr.com

Outcast
Tai
A captivated audience watches her, the pale girl in the middle of a sunrise, as she lays her past out before them. Skeletons worn on the outer edge of her skin instead of buried deep inside, Zyanya never held a secret. Honest to a fault, sincere without regard for her own preservation, a trusting girl in a world full of liars and cheats. Even when the girl had been nothing but a wallflower among the noble, many had lied to her and used her easy going sensibilities to climb closer to the chief of their realm.

Luck began to shine upon the lonesome girl in the forest, having met two amiable strangers with which to shoulder her burdens. The dangers of the world did not linger in the heart of her new company, as far as could be gathered. Instead, the pair remained silent and calm throughout the strangely innocent actions of the little lamb.

After the parade of her former horrors, the chocolate mare offers condolences in a soft voice. Zyanya smiles pleasantly to try to rid the feelings of sorrow from the hearts of this stranger, for that had not been the intention of telling her story. She had simply been answering a question. "Thank you," a warm appreciation of the kindness of a stranger in the forest.

Eyes begin to drift around her now, wondering if it would be possible to find her way to the North Haven by herself. Even from home, Zyanya never knew the route to the safe meadows of the north. Having spent very little time outside of the noblelands, the girl could not even find North if she had to. Hope of seeing her lost family dwindled, somewhere in her heart a sinking feeling welled, dark oceans filling the spaces left from the severing of their company. Home, where was that?

Ears tilt toward the pair once more as the maiden begins speaking, thoughts swerving from the wreckage of her former world back to reality. No sense in mourning more before this gentle mare, Zyanya had already exhausted the kindness of a stranger... or so she thought. Frost Fyre - a strange name befitting a strange world. The pastel hued girl listens, enthralled by the description of the Aurora Basin and the briefest mention of magic. In her home, tales of the ancestors spoke of unicorns holding mystical powers granted by the elements. Shrouded in mystery and guarded by the scholars of her land, the knowledge of magic became a legend told to children. An archaic time filled with glorious heroes and beautiful damsels, the fore fathers of a now mundane nation trapped in civil turmoil.

Come with me to the Basin, if you'd like. An invitation so unexpected, Zyanya could have been blown over by a slight breeze. Instead, a smile graces the gentle face of the pale maiden, her heart easy to read in her lilac eyes as excitement and wonder erases the former troubles from her mind. "Really? That would be wonderful!" Somewhere safe... the Aurora Basin. Maybe she was dreaming, for last night certainly felt like a nightmare.

"Oh..." the girl's training catches up with her. Standing tall for her small stature, the maiden tilts her head respectfully toward the ground. "How rude of me, I nearly forgot. I am Zya, short for Zyanya."

"I would be delighted to come to the... Aurora Basin."
We've made a fool out of love, when all we want is to be enough
when all we want is to feel enough
Zyanya

Image credit to Tor Even Mathisen at flickr.com

Outcast
Tai
I paced the places and the hallways where we'd meet
hoping one day you'd come my way and sweep me off my feet.
The new life promised by Helovia created a thirst in Zyanya's spirit unlike any she had previously felt.  The mare once contented to live out her days as a quiet flower on the wall changed drastically in the past weeks.  From the tumultuous shift of her life's path to the troublesome self-doubt introduced by meeting others much more capable than she, Zya opened her heart to the idea that she wanted more.  More than the dull life of a lady in waiting, more than the adoration of her parents, more than chasing the image of perfection sought by ladies, more than mourning the loss of a younger sister in silence.
She wanted a life, whatever that meant, entirely her own.

On her second journey from the Aurora Basin since her arrival, the girl decided to venture further than her previous trip.  Since the magical fields high above the ground brought her such a pleasant experience, viewing the blossoms smiling at the sun and the opalescent figure of Seanan, the expanse of this realm must carry more surprises and beauty.  Perhaps, were she lucky enough, the land might teach her more of what her life's purpose would be.  Surely, if she searched hard enough, a path would appear beneath her hooves, allowing her to walk confidently in that direction.  For the moment, Zya settled on ambling uncertainly through the western lands.  Her travel past the cloud-covered peaks of the Heavenly Fields went swiftly, her cerulean hooves crossing familiar paths with ease.

When she met the soft grasses of meadows, the pace slowed, finding her direction turning softly west after a time.  Days had passed quietly since she left the Aurora Basin under the painted night skies; having seen nothing but common fauna thus far, the girl began to wonder how many inhabited this grand land.  A stroke of luck had granted her the ability to travel with ease in the new land, not meeting any of the more troublesome residents, but Zyanya had no way of knowing this.  Still, the landscapes passing slowly by captured her heart one by one.  The land of Helovia was, in fact, quite beautiful.  Nothing compared to the field of floral dreams and sunlight, but what could?

Slowly, the trees began to grow sparce.  Salt began to mix easily with the crisp spring air, something Zyanya had never experienced.  The sensation flooded her mind with questions, not sure what to expect, but she increased her pace.  Patches of grass give way to sand, shining like small diamonds under the sun.  More and more sand, less and less grass.  Dunes formed by winds shape the outer rim of the beach like a temporary fortrees, ever-changing.  Unknowingly, her hooves step delicately over a cloth object, invisible to the eye, her own lilac eyes oblivious to the line in the sand.

Instead, they focus on the largest expanse of water she had ever seen.

Miles and miles from left to right, the sand of the beach meets with blue waters.  The sun glitters on the waves, and before her, as far as she can see - blue.  From the blue of the water to the blue of the sky, the line where both horizons meet merely a glimmer of the sparkling waves.  More than the metal statue at the entrance of the Basin, this ocean makes her feel pathetically small.  A gust of wind draws her long mane and tail to fly like a banner mirroring the waves as she halts, standing atop a dune, taking in the ocean for the first time in her life.  "Wow," she whispers, hardly audible even to her own ears.

The movement by the shoreline catches her attention next, the wind wrapping around her ears and distorting any noises they might be making.  A golden stallion with two horns instead of one, markings on his back reminding her of those which decorated Rexanna's face.  Much like Frost Fyre, this unicorn kept the company of a deer.  Zya wondered yet again how many in this realm kept the company of strange creatures... it seemed quite common.  Bringing her legs to move again, Zyanya carefully walks down the edge of the dune.  The sand is quite a strange substance, for it swallows her hooves, requiring more force to tug them free to keep moving.  Her normally graceful movements are marred by the terrain.

"Hello!" Zyanya calls out over the wind toward the pair dancing about in the water.  The loud roar of the water drummed in time with the spring breezes, making the tiny voice of the girl strain to be heard.  Normally, she never would consider yelling at a stranger.  However, the circumstances barred her polite and timid voice from being of use.  She settled for simply pleasant words, even if the tone of her voice might be off.  "Is the water warm?"

Uncertainty causes her to pause at the shore where the water met the sand, watching the ebb and flow of the waves as they crashed back on the earth.

even if you're lost you can't lose the love because
it's in your heart

Magic & Force allowed, barring permanent changes or death.

Tai Posts: 0
OOC Account
Stallion :: Other :: Venti :: 23
Tai
Receive the erased memories
And broken heart on the palm of my hand.
I am used to the heat.
Therefore, the oppressive sun of the summer does not much affect me.  Sweat clings to my build, along with dirt and grime from my travels.  The bandage carefully applied by the rather pointed stallion named Seanan remains upon my shoulder, as if applied by magic instead of some homemade poultice remedy.  The large leaves cover the gash which plagues my side, and his washing of my wound left little remanants of dried blood on my white leg.

With the infection in my body steadily receding, my fevers have disappeared, and with them, she has left me once more.  While my conscious brain is very relieved I am no longer seeing ghosts, something in my heart lurches in her absence, like an old reflex that refuses to die.  I am better off forgetting her.  Leaving her silent in her grave in my memory.
She would be better off without ever having met me.

You can still tell, if you look close enough, that I had basically bathed myself in my own lifeblood.  It's not as apparent, and the stench of rot no longer radiates from my body like a corpse.  Instead, I simply look like a dirty miscreant.
Which, I suppose, is an accurate enough description of me.

After I left the side of Seanan and Ashamin, I traveled south for a while, following the water of the strange crimson river, finding myself in a strange forest plagued by a maze of pathways that make little sense.  I assume during a more moist season, the greenery here would be quiet impressive and enough to block visions through the strange compartmentalized areas of the swampy land.  Instead, I can see through the stalk-like trees, see the dried grasses amid the waters.

A great boon, I think, that the raging fires of the sun have robbed this land of such potential to be a nuisance.
A smirk draws a thin line on my face as I think this, but my luck almost always runs thin all too quickly.  I am sure, as soon as I begin to feel quite pleased with myself, life would come out of the woods and bite me in the ass... and I do not mean that figuratively.  I do expect something to literally bite me in the ass.

良克
RYOUTA
image credit to junklight at flickr.com