the Rift

[PRIVATE] Surf's Down

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
THE CLOVENHEART
on his own

She was intriguing, really. The spine-like horns on her back were a unique sight, and her youthful energy sent a similar buzz through the Clovenheart. It was difficult to let sad thoughts consume him in the company of one so bright—one who shined so far beyond her shadows.

When she accepted his gesture bowed Ashamin could not help but let his expression light up. Those who accepted his odd cultural greeting were growing scarcer every day, it seemed. In these wilds, many were too hostile or cautious to flow so easily towards him. But she, this Ovi, did not hesitate. Nothing about her said hesitation. She was unique, she was intrepid, and she was an absolute joy to have as late night company by the sea.

When she joked about the sand he let out an instinctive nicker of a laugh. So she had a sense of humor, too. Perhaps she too was a night dancer, one swift enough to fight... he resisted the temptation to offer her a spar right then and there, to test whatever skill she might have. He'd been fighting an awful lot lately, and it might be better for him to rest for the time being. Challenges could come later.

The two cerndyr looked up at her with their eyes wide, watching as she leaned into Ashamin's question and provided her answer. Rakt, feeling left out despite the fact that he could still hear her every word, hopped impatiently by Ashamin's side. Lochan only turned his ears forward—listened more closely to her confession of being alone.

"Oh?" Ashamin said, the soft exclamation slipping out from his lips before he could stop it or think. She excited him, and the way that she explained to him her situation reminded him of a younger version of himself: the one that had just arrived in Helovia, alone and wide eyed. He had been more timid, though—less confident to be sure. When he formed his reply he too leaned in, lowered his voice as if sharing something he'd never told another. If nothing else, it was a lesser known fact. "I remember that feeling, you know. I only just struck out on my own not too long ago, after my father passed. Now I find myself leaving my rank and herd, striking out to gather a group of my own, and doing it all again..." the Clovenheart paused, his attention grabbed by the rush of the sea beyond them "...all for a glimpse of the sea and a sense of that freedom. I'm glad to have found good company to share the moment with."

When he at last concluded he looked over her again, and his dark eyes flashed, reflecting the gold of her markings and multiple horns. Yes, she certainly would be a tough one to beat in a fight. He would have to wear his spinal piece if her were to face off against her at any point, just to level the playing field. He pulled his face away, his neck craning back and his face angling down to look upon her with kindness.  "I'm honored to be here for when you first visit this endless shore,"
he said then, not really thinking. "It's a big thing, you know. You should be proud."

And she should be. Strangers or not, he was certainly proud of her.

""

image credits

@Ovidius! Noooooo every time you tag me a butterfly dies under the weight of a pm crushing them in my inbox why must you do thisssssss also add me on skype, you

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-14-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-14-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-14-2016, 02:51 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-14-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-15-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-16-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-27-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 07-05-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 07-07-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 07-11-2016, 01:31 PM