the Rift

[PRIVATE] Surf's Down

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

Watching her newfound comrade's face light up caused a tiny thrill to run through the mare's veins - much to her surprise, of course, she had never been so glad to please anyone but Daddy. Golden eyes raked across the kindly face for any sign of doubt, for any sign that he wasn't as glad to be in her company as he seemed; but she came up empty and for that she was glad. Somewhere in the back of the lass' mind, she was surprised at how quickly she had bonded to the stallion, at how easily the conversation flowed between them.

She'd worry about the logistics later, but for now, she'd enjoy the concept of a new friend.

The grin upon her lips didn't falter as she flashed a wink at each of the deer-like creatures before her attention was caught once more by Ashamin's voice. She couldn't help but give a breathy laugh at how the rogue mirrored her actions, relief flooding her as she found that, yes, he had a sense of humor. The content of his words, however, caused the light in her eyes to dim infinitesimally. With a tilt of her dished skull, the mare gave a respectful nod and closed her eyes for a moment, a silent prayer on her lips for the stallion that had sired her newfound friend.

Though she wasn't sure if it was her place, the onyx lass turned her face so that her left cheek was proffered toward Ashamin's nose, hoping that the small show of solidarity would say the words she didn't know to give voice to; that she was sorry he had lost his father, his herd, his home.

She had just decided to make the attempt at offering verbal comfort when his words made her stop short, clumsy apologies dying upon blackened lips as suddenly as they were summoned. He was honored? To be there upon the shore with her? Ovi's mouth had popped open into a gentle 'o' of surprise, though her expression quickly changed to one of bashful appreciation as the heat began to rise in her cheeks.

For the first time in her short life, she was thankful that no one could see her blush.

"It's not often that others are honored to be in my company, Ashamin. Thank you - I appreciate it and hope to call you friend." It was possible that the girl was overstepping by claiming the reddened stallion as a friend so quickly, but she had never been good at making scars in her tongue in the shape of her teeth; and she had a few scars to prove it. She offered a lopsided grin before addressing the hoppy-deer-thing directly, "Rakt, you have some energy, are you the faster of your little unit?"

Turning her head toward Lochan, Ovidius raised her brows ever so slightly, refusing to admit to herself that the milky eyes of the creature were a tad bit spooky. "I'm assuming you're the sage one, right? Overall, I'd give this trio a high approval rating, would it be too forward to suggest it turn into a quartet?"
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Messages In This Thread
Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-14-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-14-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-14-2016, 02:51 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-14-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-15-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-16-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-27-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 07-05-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 07-07-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 07-11-2016, 01:31 PM