the Rift

[PRIVATE] Surf's Down

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

She could listen to the music of his voice all day without pause, she could watch the beauty of his expression each night until the sun rose. This beautiful creature she beheld, with his twisting horn and multihued flesh, with his twin companions that proved to be polar opposites, with the kindness and acceptance he gifted her without a second thought. If the lass didn't know any better, she'd say she was in love with this stout creature of blood and gold.

But she knew better, and what she saw in him was what she saw in her Daddy, what she saw in the gold that built her frame and in the ocean that roared quietly behind her; held within the heart of Ashamin and his twin magicians was truth.

Turning her gaze to the sands between their hooves and lowering her head in a show of meek respect, the gold limned mare bowed to another for the first time in her short life. Straightening, Ovidius caught in the corner of her vision a shower of starlight upon the shore. With a breathy laugh, the childlike maiden stretched her grin as far as she could while still expressing joy. It was rare for the child of smoke and bone to attest loyalty to another, let alone a strange stallion who had fled his home and met her here in the dark of night upon a mild shore - but here she was. Here they were, friends and allies, and she would have it no other way.

Mouth popping open, the petite gal was about to reply to her trio, to shower Rakt with well-deserved praise for discovering his magic and to gently tease Lochan for acting like a nursemaid, but the series of words that spilled from Ashamin's lips stopped the lass in her tracks. She froze, mouth hanging open, eyes unblinking, even her perpetually moving tail ceased its movement.

"Ovidius, I would be happy to have you at my side. My companions and I would welcome you, then, to join the group that we've begun to gather, as any rank that you believe suits you best."

Words fled her for a moment, the shock of his acceptance and offer stilling the mare entirely. At last, Ovi found that her lips could move again, that her heart was in fact still beating, and with a prancing step forward the spiked child aimed to press her soft nose into the divot between Ashamin's shoulder muscle and neck. "Thank you!" She crowed, joy evident in every breath, "I'd be honored to join your ranks. I'm good at remembering things and, well..." Ovi pulled away, gazing up at each member of her newfound family with a sheepish expression plastered upon her face, "I'm good at sneaking and stealing things. Mostly gold things when people don't wear them right, but they're not always for me. I'm a thief for my friends, too."

Looking down at her tiny hooves, Ovi sucked on her teeth before chancing another glance up at the stallion and his bonded, "Is that alright? I could steal for you three, too."

ooc - I LOVE SHAMMMMYYYY <3
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Messages In This Thread
Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-14-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-14-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-14-2016, 02:51 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-14-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-15-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-16-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-27-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 07-05-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 07-07-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 07-11-2016, 01:31 PM