the Rift

[PRIVATE] Surf's Down

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
THE CLOVENHEART
on his own

Watching Ovidius go through a process that seemed, to him, childlike was both amusing and endearing. Just as the gold-spiked mare saw him as a sort of father figure, he viewed her as a filly in need of mentorship. Ashamin didn't think so far ahead as to position himself watching over her, but perhaps in time the roles would become more clear. For now, he was just happy that she was happy. In that innocent moment, surrounded by nothing but the tides and the embrace of new allies, that would be enough.

When she admitted to Ashamin that her specialty was theft, he couldn't say he was surprised. Though a part of him wasn't too keen on the idea of taking what belonged to someone else, he knew better than anyone that Helovia was not a land that was preoccupied with laws of right or wrong. Besides, he'd seen others do far worse than snatch a trinket or two. He'd done much worse himself.

Plus, if she was good at remembering things, it was possible that Ovi could provide useful intelligence for the Unbound, or maybe even serve as a scholar. "I am sure your skills will be quite useful, Ovi. As an apprentice Looter you could do a lot for us. My own son, Rein, hopes to learn more about the art of stealth. It would be wonderful if you could teach him some of what you know," Ashamin said to her with a smile and another step closer, a simple gesture that his words meant closeness. He trusted her with knowledge of his son, and that was not to be taken lightly.

"I don't believe the three of us will have need of any more items, but I appreciate the offer," Ashamin said with a glance cast back to Rakt, who immediately appeared crestfallen at the news that he would not be given new gifts. Lochan seemed unperturbed.

"Perhaps there is something I could teach you, in exchange for your loyalty and the knowledge you'll share with the rest of us? I'm a scholar and warrior by trade, and with your memory and those spikes I'm sure you'd be well suited as either a crusader or absolver," Ashamin said, testing out words spoken only to his companions in the night and never officially. He could see Ovi doing well in either role, though, and as a looter she'd already be gaining knowledge that she could transition into either role as a secondary discipline.

""

image credits

(@Ovidius if she asks for fighting tips we could transition into a both IC and OOC teaching spar? You can attack first if you want to skip the intro bits.)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-14-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-14-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-14-2016, 02:51 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-14-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-15-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-16-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-27-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 07-05-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 07-07-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 07-11-2016, 01:31 PM