the Rift

[PRIVATE] from where you are

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
we heal with love,
It had been a while but this felt familiar all the same. Those were the same maroon eyes looking at her, after all, and the same perpetual look of youth about him that she adored - as though the hardships of the world did not land on him for long. If only he would be so lucky! “I’m glad it hasn’t been so long that you may have forgotten me.” She teased gently, although - of course - she was glad.

The compliment from him brought a delighted smile to her eyes and her wings shuffled slightly. She should chide herself for practically preening at the drop of a ‘you look good’, as if she were some lovestruck filly, but it had come from him so she didn’t mind. “You’re sweet as ever.” But her light laughter died when it came her turn to answer that dreaded question. “I’ve… well I haven’t been that great, really...” Alysanne had never been very good at lying and sometimes it was easier to not to. But even as she said it, she wasn’t sure she wanted to talk about it. How could she possibly sum up the last few years? The invasion, the crumbling of her home, the battle with this terrible emotion called anger, the absence of her children… She wanted nothing more than to be able to tell Voodoo that all had been well, to enchant him with stories from the Edge, but it was too big of a lie to start off their reunion with. And explaining all of it - well, that just wouldn’t be polite either.

She had fond memories of standing with him by the heart, sharing pieces of their souls, and she didn’t want to tarnish them.

“But I’m doing better now.” She added truthfully, hoping to end the matter there, before reaching out to tug lightly on his mane - once more letting that smile play across her face and chase away the shadows.

Her gaze shifted momentarily to watch Hemlock as he welcomed Ouija’s invitation to play and hooted back at her as he half hopped, half flew along the sand to invite her to chase him.

Alysanne wanted to join them, wanted to dance in the waves and laugh and forget, but she didn’t feel light enough yet - and feared if she’d try she would be weighed down before long. “Do…” But she faltered, not really sure what she was going to ask, as her eyes moved back to the stallion before her. “Uh, will you walk with me?” She didn't like this uncertainty that was settling on her - it wasn't like her not to know what next to say. But perhaps the movement would help?
alysanne

@Voodoo
oh man I forgot how unsure Aly gets around him <33
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
from where you are - by Alysanne - 06-14-2016, 01:39 PM
RE: from where you are - by Voodoo - 06-14-2016, 03:29 PM
RE: from where you are - by Alysanne - 06-15-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: from where you are - by Voodoo - 06-15-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: from where you are - by Alysanne - 06-15-2016, 06:11 PM
RE: from where you are - by Voodoo - 06-16-2016, 02:15 PM
RE: from where you are - by Alysanne - 06-17-2016, 10:06 PM
RE: from where you are - by Voodoo - 06-28-2016, 01:52 PM
RE: from where you are - by Alysanne - 06-29-2016, 08:44 PM
RE: from where you are - by Voodoo - 07-18-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: from where you are - by Alysanne - 07-24-2016, 11:36 PM