the Rift

[PRIVATE] Red Rain Run

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Somehow, Ashamin felt as though he was getting closer to reaching the stallion. The red-tinged white of his coat seemed less bright, less intimidating; the expression on Seanan's features, his tone, turned to humor rather than a cold and guarded rage. Perhaps Ashamin exaggerated these expressions in his own mind, but he was an emotional buck and a scholar. Was it really so strange for him to analyze the inner workings of another's heart with such delicate care?

Seanan's question was reasonable and good to hear. It was not a rejection, and Ashamin supposed that was the first step. Besides, he liked someone that questioned things rather than blindly accepted. There were things one had to know about a situation before involving themselves in it, he had learned this the hard way.

He paused before responding, his eyes suddenly gazing into a dark distance and his expression suddenly fallen. If only he had listened to the mare's heartbeat before attacking. The reality of how close he had been to knowing was too clear, too close even as he tried to push it further away.

Always, always, he could have been better.

But with no way to turn back time, Ashamin did what he could to focus on the present. Urged by Lochan's steady reminders that he was good, the Clovenheart looked back to Seanan and offered a comforting smile. "All I would ask is that you be willing to share the loyalty and knowledge that you posses with others who have agreed to do the same," Ashamin said with a clear voice but a conscience clouded by memory. "In exchange, you would be gifted with the same. Call that social bondage, if you will, consider it no different than a herd, but know that you would always be allowed to maintain whatever freedom you wish to possess."

A pause, a slight sigh and shiver as a cold, stray drop landed, split, and rolled down beside the scars on his hindquarters. His two companions turned to look over Seanan, the stallion who questioned. "I understand your hesitation, and I appreciate your consideration. It is not good to go into things without thinking, and what I offer may not seem any different than what many already have. But I can assure you, I have found the alliance of the wilderness to be much more reliable than that of any herd."

And as he thought of Thranduil the Laurelin and the God of the Spark, of the ones he'd once called Lord, he knew that (if nothing else) to be true.

""
ASHAMIN
The Clovenheart
image credits

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Red Rain Run - by Ashamin - 06-14-2016, 03:56 PM
RE: Red Rain Run - by Seanan - 06-15-2016, 11:04 AM
RE: Red Rain Run - by Ashamin - 06-15-2016, 02:14 PM
RE: Red Rain Run - by Seanan - 06-15-2016, 02:58 PM
RE: Red Rain Run - by Ashamin - 06-16-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: Red Rain Run - by Seanan - 06-16-2016, 11:15 AM
RE: Red Rain Run - by Ashamin - 06-16-2016, 07:35 PM
RE: Red Rain Run - by Seanan - 06-17-2016, 02:45 PM
RE: Red Rain Run - by Ashamin - 06-22-2016, 02:02 PM
RE: Red Rain Run - by Seanan - 06-27-2016, 03:27 PM