the Rift

[PRIVATE] Bruises

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah

Not a god, then - I’m relieved instantly at the reassurance and remain fearful for the day when a yes will follow that question. Just a man, he said. Seeking the company of a woman. Well. “Company?” I repeated the word, turning it into a question. Company was fine, I could handle company, but company was not something I was interested in and I hoped to make that quite clear. His rough voice was easy with the compliments, I hadn’t failed to notice that, but they were shallow little things - the light spatter of the first rain drops that could easily be brushed aside. Or so I hoped. It wasn’t that I didn’t appreciate them, of course, it was just that I didn’t think much of them at all.

It took a lot of control not to skitter further into the water when Gaal entered, his long strides carrying him further than I was comfortable with. Closer to those wings, I’m fascinated and it kept me grounded where I was. I’m wary of him, wary of his size and his proximity (he wasn’t too close but he was closer), but I was curious as well. How did it work, those great massive things? I knew he could fly on them because I had seen him land the last time we had ‘met’.

What did they feel like? Did they have the same mechanics of a bird’s wing? I had seen a fallen swan once, had stumbled across it with… with Tobias, my old mate. It had broken its wing and it laid splayed out beside it as it tried to get back to water. We had tried to help, but even the gentlest of movements had proven disastrous for the fragile bones. Tobias suffered the worst of the blows from the good wing, of the bites from that nasty beak.

Gaal did not look fragile, but that did not mean he wasn’t.

His question drew my attention back into the present. To him. “Yes, um… just arrived during the winter.” Had it really been so long? But then, as I kept reminding myself, I had nowhere else to go. “Do you live with any of the herds?”

- - I am lost and found

art by mockingale

@Graasvoel I got tired of the purple but still like the picture xD
[Image: 5706a739b3d7b]
please tag Elspeth in all replies

Messages In This Thread
Bruises - by Elspeth - 06-14-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: Bruises - by Graasvoel - 06-17-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: Bruises - by Elspeth - 06-27-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: Bruises - by Graasvoel - 06-30-2016, 08:43 PM
RE: Bruises - by Elspeth - 07-06-2016, 09:03 PM
RE: Bruises - by Graasvoel - 07-13-2016, 08:40 AM