the Rift

[PRIVATE] Maybe I'm a different breed

Romina Posts: 33
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 9 Months
Brit

Don't wander the wilds, Romina, she hears Mama's voice chide, hard like stone and sharp as a freshly edged dagger. A warning Roma rarely heeded, aware of the fact that Alice hounded her wherever she traveled regardless. What dangers could possibly lurk outside the borders that her mother's hellbeast - or her mother herself - could not handle? Romina's faith in her family and their herd, their collective power, would lead her into trouble for seasons to come. Her fatal flaw, her Achilles Heel. Romina was incapable of truly loving others, but it made the love she reserved for her family all the more consuming. There was nothing in the world - or so her childish mind declared - that could possibly bring down the might of her parents together. So she slipped past the vacant Sentinels and down the rocky hidden pathway, out into the snow she despised. Her petite frame did her no justice in the far reaches of the north. Romina was a child of springtime and flowering meadows, the cervidae leanings of her body taking root in her physicality and emotional preferences.

But Romina knew warmer climates awaited her beyond the Steppe. She had escaped to the tall, mountainous hills of the Heavenly Fields when she had met Kid. Surely as Birdsong drew ever longer, the temperate midlands would be all the more inviting this day. Shivering against the cold seeping into her thin, delicate limbs, the banshee pranced through the snow drifts. Her equine brethren were incapable of such agility, but she welcomed the speed it granted her in getting far away from the terrible climate of the north. Abnormality was Romina's normality, and she had not experienced enough criticism to fear anyone watching her.

Though there were no watchers to harass her for her differences, Romina was the one to find the solitary figure in the snow drifts. Or perhaps not solitary, she thought, eyes brightening as a cerndyr came into view. Romina kicked her heels and bounded over towards the pale golden lady in the snow, intent on introducing herself. Not because Romina was inherently kind, but because she had been raised alongside these creatures that looked more like her than her parents. They were her brethren even if she could not share their tongue.

"Hello," she chirps kindly, big orange eyes flicking to the woman alongside the cerndyr. "What is your name?" And then she boldly turns and addresses the deer directly, not one to prescribe to the idea that they have no autonomy. They are her kin, and she will not ask the cerndyr's name from Raeden, even if the answer will have to come from her. "And what is your name? I'm Romina." The odd child said this happily towards Tin, before catching herself and turning her eyes towards Raeden to try and make it seem like she had intended to introduce herself to both of them.

A distant howling, familiar to her but perhaps not to this stranger, cut across the snow. Alice had clearly fetched Mama and Romina inwardly grumbled. So much for her day of warmth and adventure.

romina
Don't waste your heart -
On a wild thing.
Don't waste your heart on me.

@Raeden the two can interact for a bit alone until Hotaru comes in!

Messages In This Thread
Maybe I'm a different breed - by Raeden - 06-14-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Romina - 07-01-2016, 04:18 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Raeden - 07-01-2016, 09:18 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Romina - 07-12-2016, 01:09 AM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Ru'in - 07-14-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Raeden - 08-09-2016, 09:18 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Romina - 09-01-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Ru'in - 09-14-2016, 09:37 AM