[OPEN] sacre..d

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
I’m standing in front of destiny
That has passed me by again.

---x---

Sacre watched the back of Mauja at a loss for what to do next. Like the lash of an unrelenting whip his words must have sounded heartless in the context he saw them now, but couldn’t Mauja forgive his cruelty and ignorance? Did the former Queen not possess a side of benevolence that he could appeal to? No matter what he did he couldn’t take it back, reverse time and erase it, he could only apologise and apologise again. The more time ticked the more the distance, that had suddenly opened up between them, drove a knife through his heart. If the Light walked away did he follow or would that make it worse? Did Mauja not know the longer he stood there, back turned, the more Sacre worried about him? Could he not recognise the affection that coloured his voice? The affection that drove the desperate plea’s of don’t leave and I’m sorry, the lines of worry that creased the boys face and his startling blue eyes that were made dull by distress.

Then he turned—finally—but only for the Fox Boy to meet a tearful gaze which moulded Sacre’s face into deeper concern.

After his earlier blunder, Sacre wasn’t sure at all about how much he knew about Mauja and, with considered respect for the emotions that lay bare on white cheeks, Sacre turned his head away from the tall Still Light and began walking towards him without looking. He said nothing, hoping he could get close enough that Mauja might let him gently touch his snowy chest to console him for the words the Fox Boy should never have said, but the opportunity never came as another robbed him of his moment.

Surprised by her sudden intrusion, his ears snapped back against his skull as her scathing words stung like the licking of fire and he returned her stare with a look of mixed anger and guilt. Did she even know who that something was? Instead of asking what was wrong she jumped straight in and her cold judgment of him was enough that Sacre could feel the heat of irritation rise within him. Did she not see the hypocrisy in her conviction? Even his foxes had jumped in front of him as if in his defence, but the first words were from Mauja himself and Sacre looked at him in apprehension once again. The ground shook, the boy cursed and the spikes drove up through the earth. 

As one spike glanced a slice into his coronet and he watched the blood begin to spill onto his hoof, he couldn't help but wonder why always the world fell apart around him. He felt numb, as if the ensuing chaos was nothing but background noise to a fate that seemed to follow him wherever he went. Sacre had once thought it coincidence, all the bad events in his life, but wasn't fate just coincidence in hindsight? 

He laughed.

It was wrong, no one should laugh at the flames of anger, but Sacre didn't know what else to do but laugh at the ridiculousness of his fortune. His boyish outburst tittered though his lips, but his own black cheeks were wet with tears as his conquered gaze fell on Raeden. Even as Alysanne placed her nose on his side and berated the spy for her own failure to hold back the tongue, Sacre couldn't help but think he deserved the cold words the Specter had dealt him. The air felt static, like their little gathering might descend further into madness, but first the Fox Boy wanted to say his own peace.

"She is not wrong" he proclaimed over the calamitous developments, even as his gaze shifted to notice a blade forming on the end of something strapped onto his father's bag "my words were said with ignorance" Sacre would much rather admit his own faults than incite any violence. He dipped his head to the spy "I'm sorry to you too, if I said something that upset you" besides, it wasn't the Fox Boy's place to berate the girl. Perhaps the moment for them all to get along had gone with his oblivious plea that Mauja might forget the Nightshade and his legacy. A comment he had only made out of fondness for the Frozen Light, that it might still bother him, but all the same, he shouldn't have said it. 

"Don't" he then quietly pleaded Mauja, looking at his blade and the ice scattered around before he noted the blood on the white stallion and the boy began moving towards him again. Raeden may have instigated the escalation, but Sacre made a point of ignoring her—his main concern was still Mauja. After all this he didn't want his father's friend to do something he may later regret. 

Gently, he tried to brush his dark shoulder against Mauja's, choosing not to say anything as his words were doing nothing so far and he was more concerned for what might happen next. The Fox Boy then tried to position himself to push, forcefully if need be, Raeden away from him—to place his body between the two, his gaze still at Mauja's spotted chest rather than his eyes, as his foxes went to try wrap themselves around the Light's two, feathery fore feet. Inari reaching out with his tongue with the intention of licking the wound on his pastern. 

"This much, is enough" Sacre appealed to the entirety of the gathered.

lmao such a lively welcoming party ... o____o xD
Sorry I took so long! <3
art credit

@Raeden

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
sacre..d - by Mauja - 06-15-2016, 05:16 AM
RE: sacre..d - by Sacre - 06-19-2016, 07:57 AM
RE: sacre..d - by Mauja - 06-20-2016, 06:08 AM