the Rift

[OPEN] hope and memory

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
the Transcended
Sohalia hadn't meant to approach so quietly as to startle the poor painted mare. She was clearly distressed, triggering a strong instinct in the Transcended to attempt to help. For a moment, the dove wondered if she had always been this way, or if it had started after she had borne children. It seemed so long ago now that she was young and innocent - she couldn't remember what it felt like to have no one but herself to worry about. The thought was a bittersweet one. She would not trade her family for anything, but at times she wished that she had less responsibility riding on her shoulders.

The painted mare smiled as she recovered from her surprise, and Sohalia returned it in kind, albeit a bit sheepishly. There was an unspoken apology in her eyes, a rueful sort of grin that bespoke her regret at causing the other mare unrest. The dove stepped forward, closing the gap between them, concern creasing her brow as the painted pegasus faltered back into a dismayed frown. The Transcended followed her gaze to the little owl, who was guarding a pile of bent, frayed feathers.

As the stranger explained her grief, Sohalia nodded sympathetically. Too often had the dove found herself separated from her own children - and she had nothing to remember them by. The realization struck her with a pang of sadness. She would have to figure something out to give to each of them and ask them for feathers of theirs in return. She could even crystallize them to protect them from the elements, thus avoiding breaking -

The mare's eyebrows shot up suddenly, for she knew that she could do something to soothe the stranger's heart. "Oh!" She paused then, shifting her weight sheepishly at her outburst. "I'm sorry, it's just - I could preserve them for you, if you'd like? I can crystallize them, and I can make sure there's a little loop that you could string a rope or a chain through so that you could wear them? Or - well, anything that involves crystal, really. Can I - will you let me help?" Again she paused. Then, softer: "I know how it feels to lose your children."

"Talking."
-Astraeus.-
Sohalia
Image Credits

@Alysanne
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
hope and memory - by Alysanne - 06-15-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 06-17-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Alysanne - 06-23-2016, 09:52 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 07-01-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Alysanne - 07-14-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 07-15-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Alysanne - 07-16-2016, 06:56 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 08-06-2016, 02:25 PM