the Rift

[PRIVATE] got so much to lose

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
Everywhere I look I catch a glimpse of you
The Glazier had been far too focused to pay attention to her surroundings. Of course, she didn’t feel the need to be on edge while being safe at home. She had helped with so much lately, that she would doubt anyone would wish malice upon her. For that, she was fortunate. So she didn’t worry, nor did she hear the flutter of wings from the birds as they flew in and around the tree she stood beneath. Instead, she focused further on the mists embracing her bones trying to smooth out the rough edges in a glass bowl type shape. It was rough, but it was a start.

She was shaken ever so slightly at hearing the words that reached out to her from the mists, causing the bowl she had been working on to disappear into sparkling shards of glass - back into the mist it had been born from. Turning her heavy scarred head, glassy orbs peered through the mist to the creature that had spoken. It didn’t take long for peering to figure out who had spoken to her. “Oh, uh, good morning.” She admitted, offering him a small smile as she gazed at the stallion beaming in the bright light. The little rays of sunlight reflecting from Mauja’s ivory pelt caused Glasgow to smile a bit wider. She remembered this man, but if he remembered her - she would be surprised. “Mauja, right? It’s good to see you again.” Her voice was soft as it reached for him. She hoped that was his name. She was awful with it, but if she could remember Ophelia and Torleik’s after so long since being recruited to the World’s Edge, she was sure she could remember Mauja’s as well.

But part of her worried. It always did.

She didn’t want to mess up, especially in front of the man that used to be her leader. So she turned her attention back to the mists that swirled around, as if they were upset they were no longer of use before she cleared her throat. “Don’t mind me. I just got promoted to Glazier and I’m trying to figure this whole thing out.” Shifting her head back to the Frozen Light, she passed a small sigh. “It’s, well, a lot harder than it looked.” She shrugged slightly, turning her gaze back to the mists as she pulled the chill from her bones once again - shaping the liquid it formed to various shapes before letting it dissipate back into the mists, her brows furrowed with the frustration that set beneath them. Maybe he had an idea how this whole thing worked? Even still, she had to be at least a little bit proud at the idea that she had magic after basically swearing it off her whole life.

Magic is only for those fortunate enough. The gods only gift those worthy of such an offering.” She remembered her mother saying. Oh, if only she could see her now. Instead of being a mere diplomat, instead of using only her words to sign herd leaders lives away, she focused on doing something of true goodness. And even though she hated gods and any form of higher being, she had to be at least somewhat grateful, right? For Tembovu had decided she be so lucky as to receive the gift, the Moon had been kind enough to follow through with the decision. And that, in itself, was a feat to her. Maybe the gods in this land cared more than those of her previous life. Or maybe they didn’t. She didn’t really want to find out the answer to that.

"Talk."
I said it was love—
and I did it for life.
Glasgow
image | coding

@Mauja she's probs just gonna ramble xD

Messages In This Thread
got so much to lose - by Glasgow - 06-16-2016, 12:22 AM
RE: got so much to lose - by Mauja - 06-18-2016, 07:05 AM
RE: got so much to lose - by Glasgow - 06-21-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: got so much to lose - by Mauja - 06-23-2016, 07:13 AM
RE: got so much to lose - by Glasgow - 06-26-2016, 02:18 PM