the Rift

[PRIVATE] salt mines

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow

He glances away, and then looks directly at her; she narrows her eyes, suspicious. I'm not in blind pursuit of my mother's favour anymore. She tenses, then softens, all in one fluid movement, as the implications of this dart through her head. Lucky him. This news is....good, she thinks. Not just because this will hopefully prevent any budding bubblings of sympathy in her soul, but also because she knows that such an addictive relationship with a parent is not healthy. Kid with his mother, Oizys with her father. The only difference is that Kid has realised this and done something about it. Oizys...she cannot. Will not. She refuses to acknowledge that this is weakness, that such blind servitude to Father cannot possibly be healthy.

If it's weakness to be so subjugated to a parent's will but do nothing about it, then perhaps the gargoyle queen is weak, after all. Or maybe she's just a fucking fool, because a part of her thrives on her obsession with Father; part of her lives for the way she seeks his approval. She exists to do his bidding, to be his grey-clad minion with a heart of steel and veins of iron.

But she's happy for Kid that he has managed to make that break, to steel his resolve and shift away from that abusive relationship. She is actually, genuinely pleased for him, this loudmouthed colt with his insults and his dry humour and his ability to incite emotions in her that she didn't know she could feel. She's happy for him, even though she thought she hated him - apparently, she doesn't. It's nice, not to hate him. And it's nice to be able to appreciate his decision and the strength it must have took. It's nice to know she has this kinship with somebody, that he isn't such an asshole after all, and that maybe they can move on from this towards something...more.

"That's...good news, Kid. Really." Her voice is surprisingly soft and devoid of its usual ill-tempered sarcasm. He acknowledges that she was alright, and she offers a toothy grin - one that, for once, reaches her cold stone eyes. But, because those words run the risk of exposing some hint of a heart, she quickly shifts to harden her features and draw her voice back into its usual drawling, harsh tones. "Now now, don't go getting all soppy on me, shit-face. You're an offensive dick, I'm an odious bitch, remember?" She can't have her Feels be too obvious, now. They're better when they're insulting each other, even if her insults now lack the venom they held during their first meeting.

He laughs at her laugh, even her shitty attempt to disguise it. He dubs them King Chickenshit and Queen Bullshit, and she snorts heartily. "Fuck, yeah." The world ain't gonna know what's hit it.

She raises a scarred brow as he mentions things that aren't going up his ass - a vulgar chuckle leaves her lips. "Same. That door's strictly exit only." The thought makes her shudder. But this particular ass-related conversation is cut down in its prime, as her magic erupts into existence and everything else fades into the background.

Ker's anguished whimpers draw Oizys' attention away from her spark-horse and towards her eagle. Man up, woman, it didn't hurt that bad. The raptor screeches loudly and obnoxiously, and flutters away to a nearby tree to preen her scorched feathers. The gargoyle, meanwhile, looks to Kid, who (to her considerable delight) seems just as chuffed as she is about her new power. "How fucking awesome is that? That antlered guy did goooood." The electric horse trots around beside its creator, sizzling happily into the air. She wonders how long she can keep it around; her strength begs for mercy, but she refuses to relinquish her hold on it just yet.

O I Z Y S
I'M NOT A HERO, I'M A LIAR
I'M NOT A SAVIOUR, I'M A VAMPIRE
image credits

@Kid

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

Messages In This Thread
salt mines - by Kid - 06-17-2016, 05:46 PM
RE: salt mines - by Oizys - 06-18-2016, 11:04 AM
RE: salt mines - by Kid - 06-18-2016, 01:47 PM
RE: salt mines - by Oizys - 06-19-2016, 11:29 AM