the Rift

[OPEN] every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
A smile graced my lips as my mother's thanks ran past her lips and onto my shoulder. I offered her dip of my smoke swathed head in return. But we lacked the time to dwell on pleasantries and family matters, for an event larger than our lives unfolded before my eyes. Smoke crept from the brambles, inching toward my hooves, swirling and seeking. It held no physical grasp on me, but its foreboding aura clutched my throat.

Loyalty to my mother (to all I had, to all I knew) kept me rooted firmly in place, even as the brambles shook and screamed. Even amidst the panic, the lament and the screeches, I didn't let fear drive me off. By my mother's side I would stay, till the Gods swallowed my soul, and kissed my bones away.

Her words were casual, I couldn't tell if I found them stupid or genius. Regardless, I trusted her, and stayed calm. Yunno, until my fucking smoke turned off. Like, I didn't even know it could, but then, it did. My vision cleared, no longer hazy or dominated by a nebulous cloud of smoke. No, it was clearer than I had ever known. I noticed it immediately, snorting, expecting a little puff of smoke, but getting nothing. Don't get me wrong, I liked my vape queen status, but I wasn't exactly complaining. I was just extremely caught off guard, and a little bit offended by its absence.

I didn't say anything regarding it, I simply flicked my ears back and winced as a loud voice resonated in my bones. It was as if it shook my entire existence. That was my smoke, one of my defining features, and it was gone.

I gritted my teeth, furrowing my brow and shaking my head slowly. I didn't care if I lost my smoking abilities, but shit, if I did it was going to be on my own terms. The propositions of peace flew around me, but oh, I was so ready to fuck the bramble bitch up.

/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest] - by Elsa - 06-17-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest] - by Auriel - 08-28-2016, 07:38 PM