the Rift

[OPEN] every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Clearly the assembled hoard was not taking the advice of the smaller voice, and so for the time being, it ceased offering its aid.

A cold and crisp peel of laughter echoed out of the thorns at Tembovu's command. "You, Elephant King, are an idiot." It began, that wicked and haughty amusement clear in every syllable. "I have lived in the Edge for thousands of years, while you have only been here for a handful of seasons, and you are asking me to leave?" The thicket seemed to shake as something deep within exhaled an annoyed breath. "And why should you be prepared to defend yourselves when it is you who are attacking me?" Elephant King. HAH..

As Raeden's light encompasses the area ... nothing happens.

The creature's stare, invisible yet weighty, turned to Elsa. "This thicket is an extension of myself. You have horns and hooves former Queen, while I have ... lets just say a different sort of organic composition."

Before the thicket could say more, perhaps the youngest of those assembled began to address her, in broken childish speech. Even so, the thicket quieted and listened. However when the child was finished speaking it wasn't the angry voice of the thicket any longer, but the timid and softer voice they had heard before. "Why should we have to move? We have been here since the beginning of the Edge. It is you who are impermanent here, not us.  Our thorns have provided protection for those of the Edge countless times, and will continue to do so in the future." As the creature spoke, soft roses began to bloom in the thicket, pulsing with a warm light. "Your suggestion is a sweet one, child, but our kind is not like yours. You who can roam around and change where it is your plant your hooves. We cannot. If you move us, we will die."

Timidly, one manifestation of the creature came forward. She appeared like a pale deer, with pupil-less green eyes. She moved from the thicket, rather than out of it, as if the thicket were merely giving way to her form rather than simply allowing her to pass. Her worried and frightened gaze looked to Tembovu, for if any of them, he seemed to speak for the herd. "Please. The Edge has not been invaded for years. And when it has been, we have done our part to protect it. We, who have been here longer than you. What right do you have to change things now? To decide who should die just because you wish to fortify walls which could be just as easily protected with kind words and strong relations with the rest of Helovia?"

Her pleading eyes looked from the Elephant King to the rest of them, hoping to find a sympathetic gaze somewhere amongst them. "Please." She begged, her voice a whimper. "Please. Cry off this quest. Please. Don't do this."

Killing the deer-like manifestation of the thicket will kill the thicket.

Messages In This Thread
every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest] - by Elsa - 06-17-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest] - by Random Event - 08-31-2016, 09:38 AM