the Rift

[OPEN] every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

From within the thicket, a sneer could clearly be heard. "I'm surprised you've managed to live this long, Elephant King" It spat. "For you are by far the dumbest King to have ever ruled these lands. And that's saying something. Of course the amount of time I have lived here matters. I am not the God of the Spark - I do not just flit in and out. I have been here. " Each word was hotly punctuated. "Whatever meaning you think your seasons give you, I have more. That is the point of having been here longer. Years trump seasons."

Now the thicket shook slightly with amused laughter. "And why shouldn't politics protect you just as well as spears? Though you would take the easier route, King. You, who has ruined all of your best relationships, is that not so? Can't teach an old dog new tricks, they say. Nor an elephant, apparently." Finally, the thicket roared with laughter as Tembovu continued. "You would accuse me of injuring friend and foe alike? Was it not you Elephant King who would have killed Mauja, had the eternal life force of the Goddess not pulsed through his veins? Has it not been you to hurt those you have professed love to? I am clearly what I am, and injure those only stupid enough to be tangled within me. I come with a warning, King. Perhaps you should as well."

Before the ticket could continue, the magma elephant had entered into its depths. For a moment, nothing happened. Then suddenly, the pale fawnling who had been quiet during the thicket's tirade, because to scream. Her cries seemed endless as her body burst into flames. Deep within, the thicket began to burn as well. Her cries continued as her legs buckled beneath her. She made no attempt to run, for where could she possibly go? The heart of the thicket - which is what she was - was now engulfed in flames.

Pleadingly her eyes rolled around, scanning those assembled and begging silently for aid and pity.

"I have only ever tried to protect you .. It isn't my fault I have thorns.." She whispered, big glassy tears falling down her face. Wavering bands of heat emanated from the thicket as the fire roared to life. It was then that the deer disappeared into the wall of fire that had taken over.

The fire will burn for a day, and then the thicket will be gone!

Messages In This Thread
every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest] - by Elsa - 06-17-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest] - by Random Event - 09-11-2016, 10:05 AM