the Rift

[OPEN] every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
I didn't feel my mother's nudge at my side. I stared blankly at the thicket, fear catching any words I had in my throat. No smoke cascaded from my nostrils, which normally would be a sign I wasn't breathing. But no, someone, something had stopped it. I was angry, and scared, and confused. How? How did it do that? What else could it so easily take from me?

I listened quietly, my ears swiveling backwards as I realized what had to be done. The angelic little deer pleaded for its life, and oh, who was I to say it couldn't live. I heard protests all around me, the most notable of which came from the Icebound herself. I stepped away from the King and former Queen's clash, furrowing my brow and biting my pale lip. A name fell from my mother's lips onto my ears, although I knew it wasn't supposed to. Hawezi? Who's that? As they squalled about children, I assumed Hawezi was the offspring of the Elephant King (oh, if only I knew).

"Now isn't the time for this," I mumbled because I knew they wouldn't listen. The herd was falling apart, dividing and shattering what peace we had. I had to do something, but for fuck's sake, what? I couldn't see myself taking my mother's side, for the Goddess herself told us to kill the thicket, however, the opposing side brought up a valid point: the deer's life shouldn't be ours to take.

So, like a coward, I stayed silent and did nothing. Fortunately, I didn't have to. The Elephant King's magic engulfed the thicket, and filled the land with hollow screams. It's dying. The deer, too, as it cried and died with the brambles. So the deer was the thicket, or some part of it. Who were we to kill the thicket at all? Originally I thought it was the deer whose life it was wrong of us to take, but who was I to take any life at all?

Were we murderers?

Looking in horror from the still burning brambles to my mother, and then Tembovu, I left.

auri is extremely conflicted about murder now thnx (x
/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest] - by Elsa - 06-17-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest] - by Auriel - 09-11-2016, 10:17 AM