the Rift

[OPEN] Splash me with Stars

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

I cannot find my reflection

My vision abandons the speckled sky in favor of its reflection. What a mess you have made. Cerulean eyes hardened at themselves, unblinking and rippled in the liquid mirror. I stare harshly, consistently my worst judge, and find myself lacking even in the favoring light of a silver moon. Fatigue lines trace a path under and up the sides of my eyes and I know if it were possible for my black skin to show it, I would be sporting twin shadows there. The skin there is tight with unease and too few hours of rest…the life of a nomad catching up to me? Subtly my head shakes once rejecting that idea; I know the truth. The aching mass of muscle and blood in my chest twinges agreement..how much longer must I be alone? Hours spent scouring the earth to find the sole family member who cares for me and yet, upon our reunion, he has vanished into the skies once more.

A fractured hearts beats out an irregular rhythm.

I wince at the painful thoughts swirling in my brain and slide charcoal lids closed against them. My mother’s voice whispers to me then, raspy and cold, Come now, child..I made you stronger than this! Even now, years later I can hear her harsh speeches and scolding tones. A light breeze blows from behind bringing along the scent of a mare and immediately a carefully sculpted mask drops back into place. Yes, yes, hide from the world my little coward.Her voice haunts me a second time but I suppress the shudder threatening to crawl down my spine as I turn to face the shore and the pale stranger standing there.

Midnight limbs shift further inland but remain in the now swirling pool.

Her words reach curious ears and though I move to respond another approaches and I pause for him to speak his fill. Brisa. I commit the name of the mare to memory while allowing the massive stallion to move closer..his size is mildly intimidating but my constant travels leave me well versed in the appearance of others. The manners instilled into my very soul since birth stretch out and my chin dips a fraction for a moment (I am quite sure this Brisa is somehow important). “Good evening to you both.” Voice is soft and kind but ever neutral. Azure gaze encompasses them both. “My name is Vu and yes,” I center my focus on the male. “I am new, Ciceron extended an offer to reside here.” Knowing the mare is important in some aspect or another and most likely as a leader, my gaze returns to meet hers and I finish quietly. “I can leave, however, if you so desire.” At this point limbs carry me out of the water to form the tip of our impromptu triangle and I silently wait; patience one of the virtues I am most practiced at.

Help me, I want to see myself again

"speech"

OOC:

@Brisa

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Messages In This Thread
Splash me with Stars - by Vu - 06-18-2016, 10:09 PM
RE: Splash me with Stars - by Brisa - 06-19-2016, 07:49 PM
RE: Splash me with Stars - by Knox - 06-28-2016, 01:47 PM
RE: Splash me with Stars - by Vu - 07-06-2016, 07:34 PM