the Rift

[PRIVATE] Find a Way [Lyanna]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Company was the last thing that he expected to be receiving, especially here.

The steady, rhythmic sound of pumping wings caught the overo's attention and his gaze lifted skywards, honey-brown eyes searching for the individual responsible for the noise. A dark form loomed overhead, wingspan wide and arced, cresting downwards as though they were anticipating a landing. The sight of them caused Apollo's brows to furrow in thought. Who was it?

But the winged creature went about a steady, nimble landing that Apollo couldn't imagine he could ever pull off, and it was then that he got a truly good look at the pegasus who had joined him.

'Apollo.' The statement of his name fell from dainty lips, that voice coming from that beautifully crafted, feminine face, and the Merciful's chest felt far lighter than it had moments before. 'It's good to see you.'

Lyanna.

She looked just as he remembered; dark as the night save her elegant ivory markings, and her two-toned locks. Just as youthful, just as splendid, her eyes shimmering in that same shade of beautiful teal, but something caught him off guard. There it was. Wrapped about her delicate neck was a golden chain, and attached to that was the crimson stone that he had gifted her at their meeting in the Deep Forest. Something about seeing that stone chained so intimately close to her ebonite breast caused a swelling of emotion to rise in the overo's chest.

She had kept it...? It was such an absurd thought, but it meant far more to Apollo than perhaps Lyanna could fathom. Few of his friends, aside from the former members of the Grey, would have done the same, and for a moment the black and white stag was struck so surprised that he couldn't utter a word.

Zola, however, took that opportunity of a greeting from him and boldly -- for Zola never left the safe height of her customary perch upon his back -- leaped down from his withers and darted towards the winged mare. She moved swiftly across the white sands, a black streak amidst a white backsplash, moving boldly despite not having eyes and instead used the vision provided by her still dumbfounded bond-mate. Upon reaching Lyanna despite their close distance, the black cat stepped up towards the mare's right leg and rubbed herself against the appendage, an action that was so out of character and surprising that Apollo found himself with a second surprise for the day.

'It's Lyanna! Apollo! It's really her!'

Deciding it was terribly un-gentlemanly of him to be standing, silent, like a fool and spurred by his bonded's ecstatic mental shouting, Apollo cleared his throat and moved closer, tail swishing lazily against his hocks and a jovial, boyish smile lighting up his features. "Zola has missed you terribly, Lyanna... As have I." Closing the distance between them, the Merciful stallion offered his muzzle for greeting to bump against Lyanna's own, breathing in her familiar, earthy scent, and the distinct smell of the World's Edge that clung to her. "It's so wondrous to see you again. How are you?"

Later, maybe, he would bring up the stone... But for now, he just wanted to ensure that she was well in her life with the Edge.

"Have you settled well within the World's Edge?"

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

@Lyanna

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Apollo - 06-23-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Lyanna - 06-23-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Apollo - 06-23-2016, 07:17 PM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Lyanna - 06-28-2016, 10:14 AM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Apollo - 06-29-2016, 04:52 PM