the Rift

[PRIVATE] Find a Way [Lyanna]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Zola was thrilled. As Lyanna lowered her muzzle in greeting to the cat, the said feline reared up on her hind legs and bunted her tiny head against the winged mare's velvety muzzle, so very happy at her arrival. The mare's melodious vocals floated over her, soothing the kit, and even though she didn't understand what the pegasus female was saying, she knew that the words were special.

Special. Just like Lyanna, just like Apollo. Special.

When Lyanna moved to return his gentle touch, Apollo felt his heart soar. It was velvety warmth and gentleness all bundled into a simple action, and the Merciful stallion swallowed in a large lung-full of Lyanna's familiar, earthy scent, willing himself to never forget it. She was a dear friend, spurred by their similar love of life and secretive troubles, a friendship built on mutual understanding of one another despite the fact that they had only crossed paths once.

As much as he didn't want to pull back, Apollo did so, but did not allow much distance between them. The warmth from her affectionate caress lingered in his breast, warming his heart in ways that he hadn't felt in a long, long time. Ears sliding forward, soulful honey-brown eyes locked on the winged mare's own teal irises, the over stag listened with rapt attention as Lyanna recalled her life in the World's Edge since their last meeting.

Hearing that she had joined the ranks of the Apothecaries was enough to make his heart sore with happiness for her. Such a gentle soul she was, understanding and tenderly that a healing rank fit her like a glove.

"Wonderful," Apollo breathed out in genuine pleasure, a smile lighting up his boyish features, "Absolutely wonderful, Lyanna. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations." If he could he'd reach out to touch her again, simply because he wanted to... But the stallion remembered his manners, and not wanting to burst Lyanna's personal bubble, he remained where he was.

Upon the ground, Zola moved to stand back in front of Apollo's fore-hooves, perched there while her eyeless sockets 'stared' up at the two equines. She could feel the adoration and fondness within Apollo's breast, the emotions that not even the stallion himself understood. Or, he did understand them, but he was terrified to. Getting too close to others had left him heart-broken and a shell of his former self before, and it was clear that her bond-mate was terrified to make that same mistake.

How many that he had gotten to had died? Too many. So many. Enough to make Apollo terrified to delve into his deeply felt emotions.

When the ebonite pegasus asked him how he was, Apollo's expression softened. How was he? A little lonely, somewhat reclusive... A far cry from the devoted, gentle Chief he used to be. Still, he was alive. He was breathing... And he was with her.

"I'm very well, thank you," he murmured softly, gentle vocals loud enough to be heard over the sound of the crashing waves, "Much better for crossing paths with a dear friend, however." Honey-brown oculars once more glanced down to the gold chain, and ultimately the ruby that hung upon it, and his smile turned almost sheepish, shy, and hesitant.

"You kept it?" A simple question, but one that spoke volumes of his insecurities, uncertainties, and hopes that he hardly let himself feel. "It looks lovely. I-I don't believe it would look near as beautiful if you were not the one wearing it." A compliment. That was all that left his lips... Or was it?

Apollo didn't know anymore. He was scared to know, scared to get close, to dig into that emotion that he had locked so intimately inside of his heart because he was terrified to lose Lyanna, just as he had lost so many others...

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

@Lyanna

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Apollo - 06-23-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Lyanna - 06-23-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Apollo - 06-23-2016, 07:17 PM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Lyanna - 06-28-2016, 10:14 AM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Apollo - 06-29-2016, 04:52 PM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Lyanna - 07-07-2016, 10:24 AM