the Rift

[PRIVATE] Find a Way [Lyanna]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

It was lucky that Lyanna did not seem to mind the brushes of contact elicited between them as they walked, because he wasn't certain how he would react if their brief touches were unwanted and the mare acted negatively. Apollo felt something inside of him, something deep and complete as he stood at the black lady's side, content in a way that he had not felt in a long, long time...

Probably not since Midas was alive...

Luckily it also seemed that his tales of the Kraken and his past experiences at the Endless Blue did not bore her, for Lyanna watched him during his tale, attention riveted and genuinely interested, and along with those feelings of deep adoration and care was the stallion filled with relief. Her soft inquiry, the pleading tone of 'Were you both okay?' filled his ears and Apollo released a thoughtful, soft breath, taking a moment to ponder his answer. Was he?

He smiled, soulful honey-brown eyes lifting to linger once more on Lyanna's lovely teal irises. "Aye, we were well and able to walk safely away." The overo had no intention of telling Lyanna how Phaedra had been murdered in cold blood by one of Helovia's own, or how those days of innocent and carefree happiness were long gone. The past was the past, and Apollo knew he needed to learn to simply let it go...

... But with his advancing years, he found that letting go was terribly hard to do. He found himself desperately grasping at memories, terrified to let them go, to contemplate and analyze and wonder 'what if', scared to let all of them disappear forever... Because if he did not dwell on the past, on Phaedra, on Midas, on everyone who he had loved but who had left him, who had died, then how could they live on?

And yet, was it not just as cruel? To live his life in the past? Worrying and fretting over things that he had no control over? Enslaved over things that had happened outside of his power? He would always remember those that he loved, always cherish them and remember them... But did he not deserve to look towards the future as well?

Lyanna's gentle, soothing words stole across his ears, whisking him away from his thoughts like a leaf upon the wind, powerless but to leave his dark musings behind for the betterment of her company. Her words were like a balm, soothing the burn, and his smile grew anew. Why, despite everything that he had seen, Apollo had never thought of fear or bravery in that sense.

"You're quite right," he murmured affectionately, soaking in the feeling of her touch when the ebony mistress pressed her velvety muzzle against the stallion's neck, secretly relishing in her touch and affection, "I have never thought of it that way. I am sorry." For what, he didn't know, but he was compelled to apologize.

Lyanna went on, then, doing her best to explain the joys of flying in answer to his question. Apollo did his best to listen, did his best to understand and share in her breathless excitement in regards to the passion of flight, but as a creature bound to the earth, there was little he could truly do to understand. As she continued on, there was an expression about her fact that so captivated him, and Apollo's smile only grew at her statement.

"I would love that very much," Apollo said ecstatically, chuckling in a breathless, boyish way, all smiles with his heart feeling lighter than it had in so, so long, "Very, very much." Suddenly, however, an idea came to him. "Oh! I... I am in the middle of trying to obtain a carrying pouch for Zola to travel in. It would be much easier for her to stay in, you see... But, perhaps if you would be so kind, when I obtain the pouch, you can wear it and fly with her? Zola sees through my very eyes, and I through hers... Perhaps, that way, even I could see what it was like to fly?"

When her name was mentioned the said black feline lifted her head inquisitively, enjoying the feeling of the sun upon her sides. She looked without seeing between Lyanna and Apollo, feeling her bonded's content, yet jovial happiness, and lowered her head once more. There was nothing to worry about, not even the constant enemy called 'melancholy' when Lyanna was around.

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

@Lyanna

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Apollo - 06-23-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Lyanna - 06-23-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Apollo - 06-23-2016, 07:17 PM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Lyanna - 06-28-2016, 10:14 AM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Apollo - 06-29-2016, 04:52 PM
RE: Find a Way [Lyanna] - by Lyanna - 07-07-2016, 10:24 AM