the Rift

The Un-Luck of the White Stag

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah

Things took a pretty drastic turn very quickly. I wasn’t the only one who was watching the white stag, it would seem - a small deer came darting through the woods toward it followed by a golden stallion. Perhaps one of the deer was his companion? Likely the smaller one but that still begged a question about the elk standing in the rain-soaked forest. It was a lovely sight, I will admit that.

Okay was being the operative word here because… well…

We’re all standing there quietly, no one really seems too sure what to do in this situation - neither of the deer or the stallion or myself. I was about ready to just make my peace and leave when there was more movement. “What the fuck?” I muttered underneath my breath when the… thing emerged through the forest. I don’t know any other way to describe it other than a ‘thing’. The front bit looked horse-like but there was something very much not equine about the back half.

My manners completely abandoned me further when the white stag spoke.

“SHIT!” This wasn’t quite so much of a murmur, unfortunately, my golden eyes rimmed with white fear as I stare at him, speaking in perfect, majestic tones. It was hard to not feel the quick bite of embarrassment as I hear his words, because they’re incredibly polite, not to mention how everyone else seemed to manage their surprise by looks alone.

Even as I take a small step to the side, slowly planning on making an escape (though to where I’m not so certain) I master my nerves enough to try to respond. “Uh, you’re in Helovia?” Although my voice couldn’t help but hitch a bit higher at the end, turning the statement into a question. Were we still in Helovia? Or had I stumbled into some sort of strange dream? I look towards the golden stallion as though he’d be able to confirm my thoughts. But I suppose I can’t trust the figures in my dreams.

But my attention is inevitably drawn back to that mythical creature, the white stag who introduced himself as Leif. “I’m sorry it’s just… I’ve never met an elk who could speak before.” Or a horse accompanied by baby deer? Or a horse with a back half that was decidedly not horse? “I’m Elspeth.” I’m fairly certain I only share my name because I don’t think this is real. I’ve dozed off - hopefully safely in the company of Calder back north - or under the shelter of a tree.

My heartbeat is pounding in my ears and I make no move to get any closer to this strange trio of males and my entire body is tense - waiting for one more move from any of them to send me fleeing into the woods.

@Thranduil
[Image: 5706a739b3d7b]
please tag Elspeth in all replies

Messages In This Thread
The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Leif - 06-23-2016, 05:20 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Elspeth - 06-23-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Thranduil - 06-24-2016, 03:40 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Banjo - 06-24-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Leif - 06-24-2016, 06:11 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Elspeth - 06-27-2016, 09:14 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Thranduil - 06-29-2016, 09:14 AM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Banjo - 06-29-2016, 08:33 PM