Leif Posts: 15
Outcast
Stallion :: Other :: 15 Hands :: 4 Years
Sparrow
L
E
I
F
The pale female, Elspeth, was the first to speak in his further prodding for inquiries. Leif's large, oval ears slowly perked forward, listening with rapt attention as she named off each main herdland in Helovia. Helovia. Still what a strange name for an equally strange land. There was the World's Edge, Dragon's Throat, the Aurora Basin, and the Hidden Falls. Elspeth's next comment, how all of the names were strange, was something that he could whole heartedly agree with.

That made his mind run amok with uncertainty and confusion. This land of horses... Would he be welcome among them? He was not a horse... But Thranduil had claimed his welcome, stating it and Haldir had seemed quite proud of the fact that Leif was considered welcome, that he was allowed, that he wouldn't be murdered and skinned in his sleep.

Elspeth herself was from the Aurora Basin, and he stood still, continuing to listen as she explained it as well as she could. A land protected by mountains? He would be safe and welcome?

It was all so much. So different. All of it stood against the very foundation of the rules he had set in place for himself, the rules that had helped him survive since his youth.

Letting out a short breath, the white stag's blue-green eyes darted to Thranduil and Haldir as the golden stag began to speak, putting a description to the three other herds that Elspeth had mentioned. The World's Edge was stationed upon a sea-cliff, the Dragon's Throat in the unforgiving desert, and the Hidden Falls protected, hidden, by jungles and waterfalls?

How very, very queer indeed.

Oddly enough, however, was that Thranduil did not pay homage to any of these herdlands. He was a wanderer, a vagabond, traipsing the lands without a home, free as a careless gypsy... Almost like Leif himself. But the gold stag claimed that these lands were hospitable, but how could they be? Could they truly be that safe? Did Thranduil not have to worry about murder in the night? About being sold out? Found? Slain? A prize ripe for the taking?

Banjo was in the same regards to the gold, it seemed, for he also called the wildlands of Helovia his home. Bizarre... This land was so bizarre. Did Banjo not fear the unknown? Those that lurked in the shadows, ready to strike? Leif had no idea. It was all so very, very overwhelming, and slowly the stag opened his mouth to say just that.

"... I apologize, this is a lot of information to take in. I'm quite baffled." Herds, wildlands, and not-horses. If he hadn't known better, and if the ache in his belly didn't signal that he was growing quite hungry, Leif would believe that he was dreaming. Luckily this wasn't turning into a nightmare. Melodious vocals picked up once more, and Leif gave his antlered crown a shake in an attempt to clear his head.

"I believe... That I would like to see this Aurora Basin, Doe Elspeth," the crowned wanderer answered, blue-green eyes turning to dart upon the ivory and earthen tressed female, "Old habits die hard, I'm afraid, and I am not meant to be a wandering elk. I would like to see a herd in Helovia." Hopefully it would prove its safety, and hopefully they wouldn't see him and shun him, as so many others had.

Image Credit

@Elspeth
@Thranduil
@Banjo
"What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling; what if you fly?"

*Please tag Leif in all replies!*

Messages In This Thread
The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Leif - 06-23-2016, 05:20 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Elspeth - 06-23-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Thranduil - 06-24-2016, 03:40 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Banjo - 06-24-2016, 05:35 PM