the Rift

[PRIVATE] Burning Branches [SUN]

Tyrath Posts: 61
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 2 [birdsong] HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Harcos :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Nova

"I didn't intentionally leave your ass behind." He replied with a sly smirk, when the familar voice reached his ears, followed by Astarot's appearance in the corner of his vision. It was true, he hadn't meant to leave him behind, the bond of blood was a strong one that Tyrath respected and tethered to his core. It was just, well, Astarot did not have the wings he posessed, and with flying being the quickest way to get from A to B — it was a sad reality that he would get left behind for the most part whenever he decided to use his wings instead of his hooves. "Glad you could finally make it."

It hit him after a moment, that Astarot, as far as he knew, had never met Volterra. Had never had the pleasure of running into him and fighting alongside their proud, glorious sire. Astarot himself went and confirmed it with his tentative hello, or he assumed it to be tentative, as he didn't call Volterra father, just Volterra. An ear flicked back, followed by his pale neck coiled to look between Volterra and his brother. "Apa, this is my brother, Astarot. Astarot, this is our Apa." A brief, awkward introduction, but then again, he wasn't exactly good at introductions. He'd never really had to do it in his short lifespan, the few times he had bumped into strangers he hadn't given them his name, and it seemed to do them just fine.

The gathering of skullfaces is interrupted by the arrival of the Sun God, appearing in all of his glory with a swirl of fire and light. Crimson eyes snapped to his regal form, and he feels his chest coil and tighten within the confines of his ashen chest. His mother looked like him, she is his aftermath, the cold fire and the ashes of a fire long burning. Part of him feels that lost, bitter newborn come back within his mind. Feeble limbs watching the skies with rounded eyes filled with hope that the next pegasus with horns and a companion would be his ma, coming back from a patrol or whatever she had deemed important to take her away from him, ready to mother him. Her silhouette never came for him in the sky, and instead he was adopted by someone else.

If the Giantess had been telling the truth, this would be the first tentative hoofstep in knowing who his mother was, and the greatness of her family and duty which had stolen her from him.
The god spoke, questioned his intentions of coming to the Shrine. "If they're just coming for power and magic, then they're foolish. Aren't Gods here to impart their knowledge and advice upon those that call this place home? They should want to listen and know, not just come and demand." He answered with a simple shrug of his winged shoulders, speaking with a voice and knowing that might've felt out of place for another as young as he. "Magic is what I seek too, but it is not the most important part of why I'm here."

There's an awkward inhale, his cloven hooves shifted upon the dried lava and scorched dirt. "I met a giantess on the isles, the Earth's Daughter, when I was out exploring the rift lands." There is a flicker of foolish, boyish hope in his chest, but also a flicker of a boy looking for answers and acceptance. Wanting to know about the part of his life which blew into the wind shortly after he emerged from his egg. Whether that's by his own mother, or his grandfather. "She spoke of the demi-god's, Mesec, Roskuld and herself, and then she mentioned my Ma." For a moment, he looked behind him, to his Apa and to his brother, then back to the Sun God.

"My Ma is your daughter, right? She's really the Sun Demi-Goddess?" He didn't have reason to disbelieve the awfully pretty Earth Daughter, in fact just looking at the God confirmed it when he put the fuzzy picture of his mother next to him. The Earth Daughter had been kind and humored him in his childish whims, but it wasn't an everyday happening that you found out your mother was a Goddess. It brought up a lot of conflicting thoughts and feelings within him. She had been right all along, the voice in the back of his mind mumbled, the Sun God didn't need to verbally confirm it, it showed on his face as he knitted portions of his face against hers and came up with a relatively similar version.

"I want to be strong, like my Father. I want to make Ma proud, even if she isn't here to raise me because she's doing Goddess things, you know? I want to be strong for my adoptive ma as well. I'd like to make you proud, as well. But I also want to be smart, I want to understand the powers of the Sun, and learn to weild them properly. Not just demand that you give me fire so I can run and set everything on fire stupidly. I want to grow up strong and knowledgeable because there's not much point being a kid of Goddess if I'm all kinds of useless, right?"

He let out a slow breath, he composed himself before he ruffled his wings and let them settle against his barrel once more. He didn't like speaking about his emotions, or his feelings. But this was his Grandpa right? And he was a God, didn't horses tell Gods their woes or speak to them when they were sad and lost, let themselves be honest? Besides, he figured because gods were leagues above them, if he so wanted, he could probably peer into his mind and see the torrents of emotions which swirled there while he tried to keep his body as still as possible. "So, I'd like to learn about you, since it would be pretty lame if I chose another god as my patron over my own Grandpa, and because well, your my Grandpa. I'd like to learn about your elements, and learn how to use them." He reaffirmed with a small nod.

talk talk talk

________________________________________________________________________________

using one of my VOTG Passes from my prize list to quest for:

[Dark x Fire :: active] :: able to summon a wall of soulfire arrows with a beat of his wings. Fire burns from the inside out on contact with target.
Restrictions :: [Wall extends up to 10m from body, cannot directly control the arrows.]

Tyrath
Here lies the Abyss

image | coding

@Volterra  @Mythical Request
 @Astarot
[Image: tyrath_by_bronzehalo_d9yw5wg_by_arahvir-d9yx9ov.png]

Messages In This Thread
Burning Branches [SUN] - by Tyrath - 06-25-2016, 02:06 PM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by Volterra - 06-25-2016, 03:49 PM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by Astarot - 06-27-2016, 04:43 AM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by God of the Sun - 06-29-2016, 09:23 AM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by Tyrath - 07-24-2016, 08:37 AM