the Rift

[PRIVATE] Phantom Limb

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

"After a certain amount of time living by someone else's word, whether that be a God or a Lord, I don't think anyone likes who they become,"

Ashamin couldn't possibly understand how close to home his words hit Phantom. Growing up in Dorngarrow she'd lived under the rule of her father, allowed him to mold her into what she was. She'd followed his orders exactly and had become a murderer for him, a mindless soldier who had never questioned her orders. "I understand." She said. "Its the same reason I left my home and came here.." Fortunately, for her, she had noticed herself falling back into the same patterns and habits in the Basin and had left.

He dove into describing the group that he'd offered her entrance into rather quickly and Phantom knew well enough that he did not want to speak any farther of his time in the Basin or of the Time God. She'd had no intention of questioning him any farther on something he didn't want to talk about, but his eagerness to engage in other conversation only cemented the fact that he did not know her and that he could not be considered a friend. At least not yet.

"What do you do with what you learn?" Phantom asked as he explained what the group did. Learning and teaching were useful, but how useful could they be if they were limited to learning and teaching only within the group? There was a limit to how much knowledge a single horse held and unless he intended on learning from others, outsiders, he would reach the limit quickly.

There was also fighting. Defending oneself and allies, as Ashamin had put it. She could handle herself in a fight, but it was something from her past life that she actively avoided because she didn't want to end anymore lives. Just as there was a limit to how much knowledge one horse could hold there was a limit to how much blood she could tolerate on her hooves. She still had a hard time seeing him as a fighter because she remembered him so clearly as being small and meek. "And where do you think I would fit into your group?"

"."

Phantom

so scatter all my ashes when i'm dead
and destroy every legend in my head

Messages In This Thread
Phantom Limb - by Ashamin - 06-27-2016, 04:39 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Phantom - 06-28-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Ashamin - 06-29-2016, 05:19 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Phantom - 06-30-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Ashamin - 07-07-2016, 03:50 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Phantom - 07-08-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Ashamin - 07-12-2016, 05:28 PM