the Rift

[PRIVATE] Phantom Limb

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
The Clovenheart

Ashamin nodded when she explained that she shared his motives for changing his ways, for leaving behind one life for another. There was a soft, shared moment of quiet compassion that followed. Phantom had asked questions, questions Ashamin knew the answer to, but it was more important to him that silence rest between them for its due time. Absence had its own things to say, its own contributions. Though many would accuse the Clovenheart of being overly talkative and employing rather purple speech, he knew, too, when to let the air overtake his voice.

The silence was solemnity, a memorial for things lost. And whether Phantom understood that to be his intention, that was how he felt. Ashamin waited a few more moments before looking back up at her, before truly considering the wise points she had risen. Yes, if Phantom agreed it would certainly be good to have a questioning but reasoned soul like hers around.

"Part of my vision, anyway, is to help those new to this land. Many visit the threshold with only the sole purpose of growing their herd’s numbers, but given that the Unbound live outside of this structure we need not do the same. I…" he paused again, considering who he was before. At this his two companions adopted a sort of quizzical expression, for neither had known him in his weakest time. "Well, you know how I was. I arrived in this land scared and alone, and knowing little of its intricacies. Not all who join the Unbound or follow us deeper into Helovia stay with us," Ashamin said, thinking of Ryouta and Hasovir. "We serve as teachers to others outside our numbers, as ambassadors. We forge allies across helovia, even with those who do not bear our name," Ashamin explained, his brow furrowing as he realized that the Unbound was, in many ways, a larger thing than he had before imagined.

And as for the question of Phantom’s own role… he nodded, as if agreeing with something no one had said. "Should you choose to join us, I believe your knowledge of Helovia and attention to detail would suit you well to the ranks of Absolver or Artificer—our scholar and crafter ranks," he said, though the former seemed the best suited. "All in the Unbound choose two disciplines, a primary to teach and a secondary to learn. Whatever you decide, you would be welcome," he concluded at last before lowering his head and waiting for Phantom’s response.

""
ashamin, lochan, & rakt
image credits

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Phantom Limb - by Ashamin - 06-27-2016, 04:39 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Phantom - 06-28-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Ashamin - 06-29-2016, 05:19 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Phantom - 06-30-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Ashamin - 07-07-2016, 03:50 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Phantom - 07-08-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Ashamin - 07-12-2016, 05:28 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Phantom - 07-17-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Ashamin - 07-18-2016, 12:33 PM
RE: Phantom Limb - by Phantom - 07-21-2016, 01:20 PM