the Rift

[PRIVATE] with good tidings

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

If nothing else, the surprise she expected to see on Tembovu’s face was worth whatever this conversation would bring.  A lopsided smile was on his face and she felt one forming on her own that matched it. How long had it been since she had willingly asked for an audience with him, after all?

Well, actually, it had never happened.

There was no anger in her now but she was prepared for it - prepared to beat Tembovu senseless if he didn’t take the news she needed to share with him well. “Hello Tembovu, Mbwene. How are you?” She was stalling and she could feel herself stalling - would it be as obvious to him? Asking them how they were as if they were just two ordinary herdmates! She offered the small elephant a smile in greeting though she didn’t expect much in return. Hemlock too hooted a small hello but he remained where he was - feeling just as wary about the bonded pair before them as they were about him and Alysanne.

“I…” But her apologies stuck in her throat. She had wanted to say them now, before things grew into a storm like they always seemed to do with the two of them. Only… delaying in the sharing of why she had come here was selfish. For whatever reason. If this went well, perhaps, they could talk later. “I’ve got some news for you.” She was watching him warily - believing this was good news but uncertain about how he would take it. Fathers were, in her experience, rather fickle creatures and there was no way to be certain. Her friend had seemed so blindly in love with the stallion before her - a fact that she did not quite understand - but she had no idea how he felt. “Rexanna, she’s had twins. Your twins.” She clarified although she had no idea whether there really needed to be clarification. A smile was forming on her face now as she thought of them, remembered how incredibly obvious it was who had sired them. Born healthy and safe, even if their birth had been triggered a bit too soon.

But these were stories that could be saved for another time, or that could be told to him by someone that he actually cared for, so she quickly continued and gave him the facts. “A boy and a girl. They’re in the Basin - Rex asked me to let you know after I saw them there safely.” Her green eyes never left his face as she spoke, calm but wary.

She hoped he wouldn’t need any encouragement, but the words came all the same. “You should go, but only if you're going to be good to her. She had a hard birth and I don't want you stressing her out.” She meant the warning in her words and her tone, but it was accompanied by a smile that (hopefully) softened it somewhat. Foals and families would forever be her weakness and, it seemed, had a power to make even unpleasant company enjoyable enough to tease.

Doctor's orders.”

alysanne
image from flickr

@Tembovu GO BABY GO
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
with good tidings - by Alysanne - 06-28-2016, 01:00 PM
RE: with good tidings - by Tembovu - 07-17-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: with good tidings - by Alysanne - 07-17-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: with good tidings - by Tembovu - 07-17-2016, 06:09 PM
RE: with good tidings - by Alysanne - 07-18-2016, 12:35 AM